Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1781

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Hey, for those that have submitted their rebate and have been approved, did anyone NOT include the register receipt, but yet was still approved? I picked up my 2 rifles yesterday and was handed my paperwork and did not thoroughly look at it. They gave me the cash register printouts, two of them. I thought one would be for each rifle, but it is not. Both are for only one rifle. I have the large two-page invoices for each rifle, but just missing the register receipt for one. So, I did not know if I should try to submit my rebate for the one without the register receipt, or plan a trip back to Cabela's and see if I could get that from them.

I never submitted the register receipt and still got approved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The invoice pieces are actually what you need per my last discussion with the rebate folks.

Basic Member
    OK, thanks for the info. I will just submit the two page invoice and photo of the box sticker with UPC Code/serial # for each one then. I have already submitted the rebate for two other rifles. My very first rebate went through fine, and I already have the Visa card. I have another one that has been labeled Non-compliant for some reason. I tried to call the 800 number a couple of times yesterday and today, but had no luck getting through.

i have more than one of these rifles, and i gotta say... if it ain't one thing it's another. was going to comment earlier on the fit/finish of this 6.5 i picked up about a month ago: much better than last springs deliveries. BUT this rifle has problems with the bolt head and the bolt body cocking cam.
    the surface around the firing pin hole is gouged out... which leaves a bizarre impression on the primer. and, there are waffle tool marks on the bolt body cam surface causing the cocking pin to drag and grab when opening the bolt. plus, the trigger pull is way lighter (as delivered) than the lightest i can get the aforementioned rifles. i have to get the action out of the stock and see what is happening. hopefully it is just assembled with the target spring... i have yet to do all the usual safety checks.

on the plus side, it was headspaced at 0.002 over FC virgin brass, was fairly tight necked at 0.002 over loaded round dimensions, and a quick group was a little over an inch at 200 yards.

Yeah it’s kinda like playing poker. Sometimes you get a good one and sometimes not. That may be the reason for the low price. I did a little polishing on the cocking cut out on the bolt on mine and it’s very smooth now. My trigger pull will only go down to about 2.5 lbs. but it shoots great.

Had mine checked and went down to about 2lbs pull.....Nice crisp positive break on the accutrigger....Love this rifle (22-250rem)....Fun to shoot
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Quote Originally Posted by penna shooter View Post
    Had mine checked and went down to about 2lbs pull.....Nice crisp positive break on the accutrigger....Love this rifle (22-250rem)....Fun to shoot
    just measured two of mine... this latest delivery the adjustment range is 26 to 48 oz. (1-1/2 to 3 lbs) that seems to match the varmint trigger mentioned below.
    the older one from last spring (no pun intended) adjustment range is now 44 to 76 oz. but it seems in the past i was able to get it to 36 oz. hmmm.

this is from a hater on another blog:

actually there is 3 versions of it. the so called target, the varmint, and the standard. usually you cant get the varmint or target trigger down as far as savage claims without encountering problems with the sear dropping. heck actually you cant normally get an unaltered varmint trigger under 2# even though savage claims 1.5#.

Basic Member
    There are indeed three versions of accutrigger springs, but you can't put a "Target" trigger spring on a your 12FV because it's an entirely different trigger. However, you CAN buy a used "Target Accutrigger" (on this site, for instance) and put it on your 12FV. I have done this to two of my 12FV actions.

The 12FV trigger comes standard with the lighter "Varmint" spring, sometimes sold as a "target" spring on some websites, but as stated above, it's not really a "target" spring.

There are some tricks such as changing out springs that you can do to the trigger to lighten it up which I will not detail here, but a brief internet search will get you there if interested.

As far as half minute accuracy right out of the box, well....that's why we buy Savages, isn't it?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    To set my various 12FVs triggers as light as possible causes the little tail part of the spring to come out of the holder, so I trim off a full coil so the stocks don't trip it. I also trim 2 1/2 coils off the safety blade spring so it's just barely pushing on it.

Good mentions on trigger tips here, fine with 2lbs for now til my old eyes catches up to my breathing techniques, that said, I rushed out of our local gun club on the crappiest day here in Pa to shoot three rounds at 150yards.....So happy with this build so far....Room for improvement...Thank you all for supporting a fine forum, Merry Christmas to you and yours...Best, PS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171223_0936528_rewind.jpg  

Basic Member
    Got my creedmoor 12 FV sighted in today.

.528 moa with 41.5 grains imr4451
    Hornady 140 grain eld-m

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Well, I decided that I can't shoot groups on paper at 100 to save my life, they were 1.5 moa. Or, my barrel is broke in after 150 or so rounds, cause this is what we shot at 575 yards today with my 6.5 12 FV shooting Federal 130 grain Berger Match.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You know what they say; Aim small, Miss small. Great shooting. I get groups like these at 100. 9 shots. Loaded 10 rounds and shot another target to make sure I wasn’t missing.

AZ, for 575 yards, that's not bad shooting....Well done.

Ole Joe, you are good to go sir.

so here's my problem. i wasn't intending on getting into shooting 6.5 cm. i bought the latest to do a quick turn sell on the bbl and get a donor recvr. BUT to make sure i wasn't going to have warranty issues, i test fired it before the take off. Mistake! Now, where can i get a donor recvr????

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chop house View Post
    so here's my problem. i wasn't intending on getting into shooting 6.5 cm. i bought the latest to do a quick turn sell on the bbl and get a donor recvr. BUT to make sure i wasn't going to have warranty issues, i test fired it before the take off. Mistake! Now, where can i get a donor recvr????
    Hahahahahahahahaha

Pay 15 bucks and you can buy actions from the classified ads on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chop house View Post
    Haha. The struggle is real.

Just picked up my 12fv in 6.5, now to decide on base, rings, and scope!.. Thinking i am going with a one piece base, any recomendations?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbombo View Post
    Just picked up my 12fv in 6.5, now to decide on base, rings, and scope!.. Thinking i am going with a one piece base, any recomendations?
    I went with an EGW 20 MOA rail l bedded and Burris XTR Signature rings on my 6.5 fv. I topped mine with a pst gen II 5x25 ffp. I hope yours shoots as well as mine.

Basic Member
    My seekins precision 20 MOA rail has been great. I like the fact that it has a recoillug to take stress off the screws.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    My 6.5 has yet to have holes touch on target. At 200yds it did an 1.5" group with my last 4 shots of winchester 125grn hunting rounds. Not too shabby, hopefully i can get a bit better with reloads. I have had some very accurate Savages, crazy what you come to expect from an off the shelf gun.

Basic Member
    Seekins rings, or Burris Extreme Tactical Signature rings, Nightforce scope base. For reasonable money, SWFA SS series, 10x or 12X...after this, Sightron Scope or Vortex, then Nightforce.

Russellc

Good plan...report range zeroed.

Lou. My initial thought was a EGW rail as well.