Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Willoughby View Post
    Savage rebate form says fvc , will the Cabela’s fv qualify for the 100$ rebate .?
    Ri es Included: 14/114 American Classic, 16/116 Weather Warrior, 11/111 FCNS, 11/111 BTH, 10 Predator Hunter, 11/111 Long Range Hunter, 16/116 Bear Hunter, 11/111 Lightweight Hunter, 16/116 Lightweight Hunter,
    12 FCV and 10 FCP-SR

Yes, it counts. I have submitted two rebates for the 12FV. Both have been approved, and I have received one gift card already.

Basic Member
    I had the same question on the rebate of a FCV vs FV. The following is from the Cabela's website. Even through the rebate form says FCV.................

Savage® Arms 12 FV Bolt-Action Varmint Rifles
    • $100 Mail-In Rebate Offer
      Learn More
      Buy select Savage Centerfire rifles and receive a $100 reward in the form of a Savage Visa Prepaid Card . Valid through December 31, 2017. Click here for details

Regular Price:

$419.99 Sale Price: $369.99

Basic Member
    THis has been discussed extensively in previous posts on this same thread.

Savage's ad for the rebate does not list ALL the models included in the rebate. The 12fv from Cabelas is included. Savage and/or the rebate center has also stated clearly that all these backorders will be honored as well, even if they don't come in before the 12/31/2017 deadline.

Basic Member
    I did a basic search but it looks like you can buy the dbm parts from savage and install them on a stock designed for the dbm? Looking at the BC M40 clone.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    I did a basic search but it looks like you can buy the dbm parts from savage and install them on a stock designed for the dbm? Looking at the BC M40 clone.

You can, but be prepared. I called their parts and service department about 2 weeks ago. I needed the bottom metal for a HS Precision stock I ordered. Maybe I was unlucky, but the gal I talked too was flat out rude and condescending. (she knew everything, but knew nothing, and talked 100 mph) First, she said that "they" really frown upon such practices and that I needed to go to MidwayUSA to order my parts. I told her MidwayUSA does not sell this part. After a little back and forth, she finally took my serial number (of my rifle that had an HS Stock originally) and immediately started giving me misinformation. She said my part was plastic. I told her it was metal, and I think I got that straightened out with her, but she finally said the part was backordered for 4 weeks. I have no idea if it was true or not. I was so irritated at that point, I said, "Don't worry about it."

I ended up finding the part on eBay. So, I hope you have better luck than I did.

Elvis is in the building.

Basic Member
    Seems like every experience is different, whoever picks up on the other end of the phone. I called once before and had an experience extremely similar to yours, same result (didn't order anything). However, I called again a couple of months ago and had a great experience. She asked for my part number, then asked what I wanted. Pleasant to talk to, knew exactly what I was talking about, etc.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb1500 View Post
    Seems like every experience is different, whoever picks up on the other end of the phone. I called once before and had an experience extremely similar to yours, same result (didn't order anything). However, I called again a couple of months ago and had a great experience. She asked for my part number, then asked what I wanted. Pleasant to talk to, knew exactly what I was talking about, etc.
    So very true, and probably not the norm. As I said, I probably just had some bad luck that day because all my experiences with firearms companies has been nothing but super positive.

Anybody on here submit their rebate online? How long did it take to show accepted?

If you purchased a 12FV for $369, call Cabela's customer service and they will honor the $319 price and send you a $50 gift card. Just FYI.

I ordered my .223 11/22/17, picked it up today for 319.00 plus tax, along with a rebate form. The Bowling Green Cabelas couldn't have been more efficient. Just FYI the following is something I received from a "pen pal" of mine. I have shot one of his customized Savages and it is jaw dropping for a 7.62x39.

A 9 twist will shoot anything and everything that will feed from the magazine. the HEAVY stuff, like 77 grain, might yaw a little bit at the target but anything under that weight will be perfectly stable. The best groups I have ever shot out of my 9 twist Savage used a 69 grain Sierra Match king. And I am not saying yours will but that Savage barrel shot enough .2's at 100 for me to realize it wasn't a fluke. It consistently shot sub .5" at 100 yards using hand loads.
    9 twist, as far as I am concerned, is the perfect twist. You can shoot every single bullet weight from 77 grains on down, even the super light weight Hornet bullets that weigh like 30 grains. 8 twist will also do that but you can also go a little heavier but there is a down side because some of the match bullets will come apart at faster velocities. Forget 7 twist because it is the worst unless you are going to shoot 80+ grain bullets. I had a 7 twist and when I shot 53 grain Sierra Match kings the centrifugal force cause it to come apart at about 3,200 fps.
    If all you are wanting is an accurate 200 yard gun I would go shorter than 22". I would probably start out at 20" but I can cut it any length you want.
    And even if you are shooting 400-600 yards a 16" will easily do that. Look at all the 16" ARs people are shooting that distance with. You just need to learn your hold over which I am sure you have figured that out shooting 22's and pellet guns.
    Have you got an idea of what ammunition you plan on using? I know you want to go cheap but there are some that are better than others. And something else you can do is buy a hand held press, tear down the loaded ammunition with a $15 impact puller, reweigh the powder charges to ensure they are consistent then reseat the same bullets.
    Something else I did was to buy cheap steel cased ammunition, use an impact puller to pull the bullet, dump the powder then use good powder and good bullets. Then sell off the cheap bullets. I did that with that 7.62x39 Savage I built and it shot 1/2" at 100 yards. You can only buy steel cased with certain bullets and this allows you to build high quality ammunition for cheap. Imagine the looks and questions when you tell them that 1/2" group was shot using Wolf or Tula ammunition but they don't know you used, and weighed, some quality powder and topped it off with a quality bullet.

Elvis is in my building now. Picked it up today. Barrel was very dirty and took a while to get it clean. Feeds very well. Can't wait to run some live rounds through it. Going to mount my Sightron 6-24 x 50 on it and see how it does
    Ps; I attempted the online rebate tonight and had no success. I'll try it again tomorrow and if it still doesn't work I'll mail it in. .

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy888 View Post
    If you purchased a 12FV for $369, call Cabela's customer service and they will honor the $319 price and send you a $50 gift card. Just FYI.
    Wouldn't honor the sale price for me..did you sweet talk em'??

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    Elvis is in my building now. Picked it up today. Barrel was very dirty and took a while to get it clean. Feeds very well. Can't wait to run some live rounds through it. Going to mount my Sightron 6-24 x 50 on it and see how it does
    Ps; I attempted the online rebate tonight and had no success. I'll try it again tomorrow and if it still doesn't work I'll mail it in. .
    Boy, you are not kidding about the filth in these barrels! My .223 was bad enough, but I have never seen as much muck as is in my .308 barrel. Last might I put at least 50 patches dampened with Patch Out and it still comes out black as coal. I poured a little down the barrel and used a .30 caliber brush and ran about 50 more patches through it, a little better, but still quite dirty. Maybe a "3rd cleaning" will finally clean?

Russellc

Picked my 6.5 creedmoor up tonight and submitted the rebate online. Now trying to decide on how short to cut the barrel. Also have the barrel posted up for trade.

Basic Member
    My 12fv I ordered Nov. 24 still states back ordered and "in process". I called last night, they didn't have a timeline of when my order would be filled.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graycrait View Post
    A 9 twist will shoot anything and everything that will feed from the magazine. the HEAVY stuff, like 77 grain, might yaw a little bit at the target but anything under that weight will be perfectly stable. The best groups I have ever shot out of my 9 twist Savage used a 69 grain Sierra Match king...
    Great write-up. It confirms what I perceived with that particular twist. Please thank your friend for that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Great write-up. It confirms what I perceived with that particular twist. Please thank your friend for that.
    Ditto. 69 grain SMK is my .223 choice as well. Nice info.

Russellc

Quote Originally Posted by Evlshnngns View Post
    My 12fv I ordered Nov. 24 still states back ordered and "in process". I called last night, they didn't have a timeline of when my order would be filled.
    I ordered the same day as you, my order status switched from in process to shipped yesterday, but still no email confirmation... i ordered the 6.5 creed not sure if caliber will make a difference or what you ordered. Hopefully soon!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    My 308 is at Cabela's and I will pick it up today. I ordered on Wednesday at 11:30PM, the night before thanksgiving.Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesfordeath View Post
    Wouldn't honor the sale price for me..did you sweet talk em'??
    No sweet talking necessary. I just called and politely asked after seeing the earlier post on here about them adjusting the price. IDK if it made any difference but I placed 1 order on the 22nd at $369 and another on the 24th at $319. They said they are sending a gift card for the $50 difference. Maybe call again and hope to talk to someone else.

probably outside their allowed timeline now. Even at 369 its a great price

I tried to get the adjustment to $319 today through chat and was told it was a Black Friday only sale.

Just check my order it shows shipped and was ordered on 11/24

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

News Flash....My new Rig...Mounted Scope and a range day....So happy with this setup and love the SSS single feed ramp....and the vortex line bubble...and the bipod...and the Fricken trigger....all is GOOD, first day, but need too clean up groupings soon...thanks to you all...
    Side note...talked to a newest customer picking his new Cabelas 12FV and showed him my rig and was pumped about getting his set-up complete....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171201_1449297_rewind.jpg   IMG_20171201_1500054_rewind.jpg   IMG_20171201_1509137_rewind.jpg   IMG_20171201_1449224_rewind.jpg   IMG_20171202_1408469_rewind.jpg  

Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....