Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Question. I have a pen pal friend from across the state. I have seen his in home machining of AR parts and can do some amazing in home things with Savage rifles. He told me tonight to send him my barrel when I get it for shortening, threading and recrown. My immediate thought was: why and how much should I shorten it? Also, is there actually a functional brake for .223 bolt guns? My quarry is the elusive 200 yrd saltine cracker.

Anyone happen to know what the inside length of the box magazine is? Thanks in advance. For 6.5 Creedmoor

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    Anyone happen to know what the inside length of the box magazine is? Thanks in advance. For 6.5 Creedmoor
    3 inches........maybe just a teeny tiny bit more, but not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    3 inches........maybe just a teeny tiny bit more, but not much more.
    Thanks for the info. I just need a little less than 2.9. Should work perfectly. Thanks again.

Basic Member
    Went back up to 369

Quote Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
    Went back up to 369
    I saw that. Glad I got mine ordered for $319. Haven't gotten an email confirmation, but I checked the order status and it said it has shipped. Guess I'll wait for a phone call.

I was able to get in on this deal yesterday. Cabelas store in Tualitin, OR had several 6.5 CM available.

Funny thing was, the store had the prices mislabeled. They were priced at $369 on the rack. I had the sales guy scan the UPC and it came up at $319. Also bought a Trijicon RMR on sale for $348 with two free picatinny mounts worth $50. It also was not labeled correctly in the case. Sales guy didn't know anything about the free gift. When it rang up, the register prompted the guy to get me the free mounts. Submitted the rebate online last night. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get it.

Overall a good day. Not sure when I will be able to shoot the rifle, we just moved to Oregon and I don't have any of my reloading bench set up, but if this shoots nearly as well as previous Savage rifles I've bought, I will be very happy.

Where can I find the rebate coupon? the only ones I've found don't list the FV. Maybe in store?

Where can I find the rebate coupon? the only ones I've found don't list the FV. Maybe in store?
    It was printed with my receipt, but I submitted online last night.

Basic Member
    I messed up. Was at a store yesterday w my young daughter. Didnt wanna mess around w nics and stand around forever. Ftried to do a layaway but they told me i had to do nics on the front end, not the back. So i said screw it and figured id just order online this morn. Dang worst part is i did 200 in returns yesterday so it woulda been paid for already for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by gpgofast View Post
    It was printed with my receipt, but I submitted online last night.
    I'll check when I pick it up. Thanks

Basic Member
    just go to Cabelas site, search 12FV, click on rebate info, and there you are. Progress can be seen on the vista outdoors site...

https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/...eSystem=Helios

Once you have entered the rebate successfully, print the page. It has a number on it useful for tracking. Watch the site at least until it is "accepted" as I had to submit additional info. on the "coupon" page, there is a phone number to vista outdoors. You wont loose out if the date rolls by and you have properly submitted. If something isnt right and it is declined, I dont know what happens.

I have received one card, and am waiting for the other. I takes several weeks.

Russellc

Basic Member
    Again, go to Cabelas site search 12FV, click on rebate info, it will take you to the form.

Russellc

Thanks. Finally got my order confirmation

Since Cabela's chat does not work on cell phones I had to wait until just now to chat with them, they still honored 319 on two rifles. After using my Cabela's bucks it brings the price down to 125 a piece. About the price of a Nagant.

Basic Member
    I havent gotten a confirmation email on my order (unless it is in my junk folder) but I checked my account and it shows the order so I'm not worried.

Anyone thinking about a chassis MDT has the LSS-XL (version one) on clearance for $300 ish, I ordered one of those and the 22 version for my MK II. It was an expensive weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by graycrait View Post
    Question. I have a pen pal friend from across the state. I have seen his in home machining of AR parts and can do some amazing in home things with Savage rifles. He told me tonight to send him my barrel when I get it for shortening, threading and recrown. My immediate thought was: why and how much should I shorten it? Also, is there actually a functional brake for .223 bolt guns? My quarry is the elusive 200 yrd saltine cracker.
    Shouldn't be an issue, my 12FV in 223 with handloads will shoot 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups. Good match ammo works pretty well to, just don't expect that with the cheap bulk stuff.

Basic Member
    I just got off live chat and I got the $50 refund in the form of a gift card. I mentioned I had seen the ad in this thread. Thanks for the info! That brings my out of pocket for this new rifle to $115!

Tony.

Just hanging out waiting.

Basic Member
    The 223 came in. This will serve as my plinker/trainer. Bell and Carlson stock, Vortex HST MRAD scope, Leupold Mk4 Steel 20MOA Base, UTG Pro Precision Rings, Harris S-BRM.

Basic Member
    I just won an F-Open match with my 12FV......... well sort of. Like most people in this thread, I got my gun for $219 not including tax. I morphed it into a 6.5 Creedmoor by selling the .308 unfired barrel for a hundred bucks, so my action and trigger cost was $119; not a bad starting point.

I lightened the Accutrigger to equal the pull on my other Savage Target triggers on my other competition guns. I added a 28" Bartlein barrel and pillar bedded the action into a modified Boyd's stock and topped the rig with a Vortex Golden Eagle scope. This makes a nice rig for a cost which about as low as you can go without making serious compromises in its capabilities. In other words, keeping the really cheap Cabelas plastic stock would be a major mistake, but the Boyd's makes a good replacement without breaking the bank. Filling the voids with lead, adding a machined front "sled" to match my front rest, and adding a piece of Delrin to the toe of the stock to change the recoil angle does the job, simple and cheap. This stock actually functions better than my McMillan costing five times as much.

So, after some preliminary load work-up, I attended a match this past weekend and won. I edged out the second place F-Open competitor by X count, our scores were a tie. I'm happy. Thanks Cabelas.

Basic Member
    Why are they giving you $50 refunds if the price changed??

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    The 223 came in. This will serve as my plinker/trainer. Bell and Carlson stock, Vortex HST MRAD scope, Leupold Mk4 Steel 20MOA Base, UTG Pro Precision Rings, Harris S-BRM.

Sharp rig Sterling. If it shoots as good as it looks, you will do well.

Savage rebate form says fvc , will the Cabela’s fv qualify for the 100$ rebate .?
    Ri es Included: 14/114 American Classic, 16/116 Weather Warrior, 11/111 FCNS, 11/111 BTH, 10 Predator Hunter, 11/111 Long Range Hunter, 16/116 Bear Hunter, 11/111 Lightweight Hunter, 16/116 Lightweight Hunter,
    12 FCV and 10 FCP-SR
    If your lucky enough to live in the BIG woods your lucky enough

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post

Nice rig. What is the lop on this stock?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    Nice rig. What is the lop on this stock?
    Thanks. Bell and Carlson states 13.75" LOP. This is their Varmint/Tactical stock.