Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Looking back at my pictures I submitted 4 things. The cash register receipt, which does look kinda worthless BUT has the serial number on it. A pic of the end of the box with the UPC code. And I sent pics of the 2 page printout. So in reality I send them everything there was and let them decide what they wanted.

Basic Member
    ^^^That's all you need.

1. Call the rebate center.
    2. have them confirm receipt of the UPC sticker and cash register receipt and your submission for rebate.
    3. record the name of person confirming that info.
    4. email yourself a copy of all of above
    5. send a copy of your email to Savage asking for advice
    6. wait till 1 week before end of promotion before worrying any further

Team Savage
    I submitted via the vistaoutdoors webpage, a scan of the receipt and box-end information. This was about a month ago. I received an approval email yesterday, with a tracking number. Told to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. So far no problems with the process.

Basic Member
    I think I know my mistake. I was filling the buy out on line when I began questioning about rebate not including 12fv. I called some cabelas, was assured all was fine and finished sale over the phone. Not sure if this counts as online, I guess not. I then included the address of my pick up Cabelas, from the "worthless" receipt.

All the paperwork you guys described was included. I will call on monday and resubmit.

Thanks,
    Russellc

Basic Member
    Thanks for the help. I'm gonna send my stuff in today.

Instead of beating a old thread from the past....A member posted this Cabela's special....
    Cabela's "exclusive"

Savage 12FV
    26" barrel
    Heavy barrel
    Recessed crown
    Metal trigger guard
    Accutrigger
    Synthetic stock
    Oversized bolt handle
    Jeweled bolt
    Caliber .223

Thanks for any help.

Similar to the current thread on the Model 12 FV...
    Is this accurate for the Cabela's Model 12FV on this thread?
    Is the Bolt Jeweled or Black parkerized finish??? Black Carbon steel?
    Any confirmation on any current sales items....Thank you.

Basic Member
    Mine is jeweled on the 12FV .223 Remington. The 319.00 sale is over, but the 100.00 rebate goes until December.

Russellc

Basic Member
    Ok, called the rebate center, all was good but the serial number was blurred...however, he got the information from my first submission so its all good to go. He said it would change on the "status' page of the promotion's search feature and I should have the card within 30 days.

Now if the backordered 12FV in .308 gets here before I forget how to submit, I should be good!

Russellc

Basic Member
    Mine still show shipped. Apparently it is going Pony Express.
    www.thescarletsea.org - stories from in between my ears.

Mine's at my FFL guy's place. I'll be rescuing it from the Ca firearm timeout on Friday.

Basic Member
    Got my "Dear John" letter from Cabela's today saying it's not me, but them....they can't fulfill my order yet and it's officially backordered. Bah.... As long as it's here before the rebate runs out!!!

Basic Member
    OK, I now show approved on the Outdor Vista rebate site, checking Cabelas site, 2nd order for .308 is still "in process"....nice to hear a few are getting shipped!

Russellc

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    Got my "Dear John" letter from Cabela's today saying it's not me, but them....they can't fulfill my order yet and it's officially backordered. Bah.... As long as it's here before the rebate runs out!!!
    Not an issue! I already inquired and Outdoor Vista told me it would relate back to sale date. As long as you ordered it during the promotion, you should be good.

Russellc

Basic Member
    Apparently Cabelas didn't like my Pony Express comment. I got an email later that day saying it was in, and I now have possession of the rifle.
    www.thescarletsea.org - stories from in between my ears.

Basic Member
    Unlike some of the more mature members of this forum, I am as silly as a little child waiting for a Christmas present.

I ordered a pair of 12 FV's in .308 on 10 September. I just got off the phone with Cabelas headquarters and the nice lady said there was a huge shipment coming from Savage in two weeks. She couldn't give me specifics on my particular back order but she said the shipment was large enough to fill ALL the back-orders plus some left over to put on the shelves.

That seems to match with an earlier post where someone was told about a big shipment expected on 25 October.

Let's hope its true.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozella View Post
    Unlike some of the more mature members of this forum, I am as silly as a little child waiting for a Christmas present.

I ordered a pair of 12 FV's in .308 on 10 September. I just got off the phone with Cabelas headquarters and the nice lady said there was a huge shipment coming from Savage in two weeks. She couldn't give me specifics on my particular back order but she said the shipment was large enough to fill ALL the back-orders plus some left over to put on the shelves.

That seems to match with an earlier post where someone was told about a big shipment expected on 25 October.

Let's hope its true.

Hopefully that will be true. I planned to shoot my 12 FV 22-250 I bought earlier this year. It never happened. I toyed with my Creedmoor some this weekend getting it ready to shoot. I'm really wanting to try it perhaps more than the 22-250. I put it in a HS Precision stock I already had that was originally for my Savage 10 FCP SR that went into a chassis. The 12FV looks much better in the HS Precision stock than the Savage 10 did. I loaded 30 rounds of ammo for it yesterday. I just need to get out and start shooting. Since I have some neighbors not far from where I shoot, I try to shoot unsuppressed only during the weekdays while they are at work. That makes it difficult as I am usually at work too.

I received the first backorder notice email for my .308 this morning.

Basic Member
    Well I hope that is good news, I also have a .308 on backorder. Never received any email, I knew they were in backorder status when I ordered.

Russellc

Basic Member
    I posted in the original thread last year when I bought one of these great rifles. I have had to work a few bugs out of my 223 concerning primer cratering and blanking, but it is really proving to be an excellent shooter. I got rid of the tupperware and installed an H-S Precision PST114 stock. It completely changed the look, feel and performance of this $200 rifle. I purchased the DBM bottom metal through Savage. It fits in the H-S stock perfectly. I went with a Blackhawk rail, Leupold rings and a Weaver Tactical 4-20x50FFP scope. The groups were fired at our indoor 100 yard range with an Oehler System 85 doing the measuring. She is a shooter for sure!!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152940.../shares/JfiPEb

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quigley257 View Post
    I posted in the original thread last year when I bought one of these great rifles. I have had to work a few bugs out of my 223 concerning primer cratering and blanking, but it is really proving to be an excellent shooter. I got rid of the tupperware and installed an H-S Precision PST114 stock. It completely changed the look, feel and performance of this $200 rifle. I purchased the DBM bottom metal through Savage. It fits in the H-S stock perfectly. I went with a Blackhawk rail, Leupold rings and a Weaver Tactical 4-20x50FFP scope. The groups were fired at our indoor 100 yard range with an Oehler System 85 doing the measuring. She is a shooter for sure!!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152940.../shares/JfiPEb

Dang Quigley,

She's a looker and a good shooter. Nice groups! Your rifle looks like my 12FV Creedmoor as I have it in the same PST114 style stock in black. I did not have to buy the hardware as it was originally with the Savage 10 FCP SR, which I decided to put in the chasis. I currently borrowed a Leupold 6.5-20X40 EFR scope from a another rifle to go on it. I hope mine shoots as well.

If you don't mind telling, how difficult was it ordering the bottom metal for the PST114 stock? I have been thinking about re-stocking one of my others with a HS Precision stock, but wasn't sure how difficult it was to order the bottom metal from Savage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post

If you don't mind telling, how difficult was it ordering the bottom metal for the PST114 stock? I have been thinking about re-stocking one of my others with a HS Precision stock, but wasn't sure how difficult it was to order the bottom metal from Savage.
    I ordered the bottom metal a while ago directly from Savage. I think it was around $100. You can email Savage with your model and serial number and tell them what you are trying to do with the rifle. They will let you know which part numbers you need to order. Pretty simple and straight forward. They shipped my parts quickly and my stock only needed some minor sanding to fit the trigger guard properly. Good luck with yours. I was pleasantly surprised to see the 6.5 added to the 12FV lineup. It ought to be a great entry level long range setup. I tallied up all the Creedmoors that I have shot over the past year(over 100) and crunched the numbers as I do all the accuracy certification shooting at H-S Precision. I found it interesting that the 24" barrels almost always outperform the 26" barrels when it comes to velocity. Not by much, but enough that I will make any future personal Creedmoors 24" instead of 26". We use Hornady Match #81500 140gr ammo for all accuracy certifications. The only factory ammo I have found that comes close to it in consistency is the Federal Gold Medal Match GM308M 168gr loads that we use for 308Win rifles. Every other caliber is certified using hand loads. All in all these 12FVs are fantastic bargains for anyone looking to get in to an accurate, quality centerfire rifle at an amazing price. Even at full retail, these rifles are a great buy! -Quigley

Basic Member
    Quigley,

Thanks for that information. I really did not know it was that easy to order the parts or Savage would help that much. (I always expect the worst with customer service now.) I also did not know that the 26" barrel would be a lower velocity than the 24" on the Creedmoor. Good to know if I ever try a re-barrel. I actually had a chance to shoot the 12FV Creedmoor in the HS Stock yesterday, but I procrastinated and the evening caught me due to the days being shorter. Sounds like you have a pretty cool job.

Funny you mentioned the Hornady #81500 ammo being so accurate. I can believe that, because I loaded 30 rounds of ammo for my Creedmoor using the Hornady 140gr ELD Match bullets. I used Lapua brass, which may have helped, but it had the most consistent COAL of any ammo I have ever loaded to date..........darn near exact COAL for all 30 rounds. I still consider myself a novice reloader, but I was pleasantly surprised.

In addition to the PST114 H-S Precision I already have with the Creedmoor, I ended up buying a new take-off H-S Precision stock off ebay that had the bottom metal, trigger guard, one magazine and action screws with it. It is the PSV118 conventional style stock. I think I got it overall cheaper than buying a bare stock and adding parts, and no fitting should be done since it was a take-off from an existing rifle. I plan to put my 22-250 in it. I want the 22-250 to be more of a regular varmint style look.

Getting back somewhat to the point of this thread, I submitted my rebate online 10/8 and they sent me the approval email yesterday. I thought that was a fast turnaround time.

I got tired of waiting and the 10T-SR was $100 off so I don't know if I need to cancel my backorder or just keep the 12fv too...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TinnCan View Post
    I got tired of waiting and the 10T-SR was $100 off so I don't know if I need to cancel my backorder or just keep the 12fv too...
    The 10T-SR has some nice features......and one not so good IMO. The Accustock is probably better than the all-plastic stock of the 12 FV, although I don't own an Accustock. It comes with a scope base. The 10T-SR has a threaded muzzle which is nice if you have a suppressor. It is also supposed to have 5R rifling.

All that being said, the 10T-SR is a bottom bolt release receiver, which I don't like, and can limit doing some things like changing stocks or using aftermarket triggers. I think the 12 FV can be customized much easier because of the top bolt release design.

My statement was incorrect, see Foxx's post below. This is wrong: "I think the recoil lug on Accustock models are different and have to be modified to fit another stock or changed to a regular recoil lug........which means removing the barrel."

Personally, I would wait for the 12 FV to ship.

Basic Member
    ^^^All good, but the recoil lug does not need to be replaced just because you change out stocks.

THe Accustock requires an accustock recoil lug, but the accustock lug can be used with any regular stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    ^^^All good, but the recoil lug does not need to be replaced just because you change out stocks.

THe Accustock requires an accustock recoil lug, but the accustock lug can be used with any regular stock.
    OK, thanks for the clarification.