Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Saw a utube vid on this 12FV and wanted to know if the Bolt carrier is Jeweled or Black Parkerized?
    Video has a fellow showing off a Cabels Model 12FV with a schweet Jeweled bol...Thank for any feedback.

Still thinking about getting one order in a 22-250

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by penna shooter View Post
    Saw a utube vid on this 12FV and wanted to know if the Bolt carrier is Jeweled or Black Parkerized?
    Video has a fellow showing off a Cabels Model 12FV with a schweet Jeweled bol...Thank for any feedback.

Still thinking about getting one order in a 22-250
    The 12FV bolts are jeweled.

Yep. Mine's jeweled too. Has the large "BA" style bolt knob. Synthetic stock has the wide forend. Top bolt release. 26" heavy varmint barrel. Slotted barrel nut. Recessed 'target' crown. Blind mag. Looks just like Adam's rifle in the pics he posted last month:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...l=1#post416252

I just got this in the old email inbox.

Cabela's Retail Inc.
    World's Foremost Outfitter
    One Cabela Drive, Sidney, NE 69160

Dear Customer, (not a promising start...)

Thank you for your recent order. We are very sorry to inform you that we are unable to immediately fill your entire order (which I just realized can be read as "there are some parts of your order we can't ship" and "there are no parts of your order we can ship"...in my case, both are applicable) and the merchandise listed below has been placed on backorder. Order recipient is DUNDEE RETAIL.

29-2379 SAVAGE 12FV VARMINT RIFLE MODEL 12FC 6.5CM 26"
    Backorder (it could be noted the rifle was backordered when I ordered it on September 8th)

If you wish for the item(s) to remain on backorder, you do not need to contact us. Should you prefer not to wait, please contact our toll-free order desk at 1-800-237-4444 or e-mail us at <customer.service@cabelas.com> to cancel the backorder. For credit card orders, charges are not made until the item(s) are shipped. (just as well. I ordered a TC Compass from them, which is also backordered)

We will do everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. (I guess it really is just an inconvenience...not like I don't have plenty of rifles to shoot.)

Cabela's Retail Inc. - Customer Relations
    So I guess I'll call tomorrow and see if there are any updates on the timeframe mentioned earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    I just got this in the old email inbox.

So I guess I'll call tomorrow and see if there are any updates on the timeframe mentioned earlier in this thread.

Check your order status on the Cabela's site. I got one of those emails but my order status changed from back ordered to shipped. And it appears that my Cabela's visa credit line dropped my the amount of the 12FV 6.5CM. I ordered 2 of the 6.5s, one on 9/7 and the other on 9/18. The 9/7 order is what the Cabela's email referred to and the one that the status changed on.

Basic Member
    DrThunder,

I received two of those messages over the course of my wait when I purchased my 22-250 for the 12FV sale earlier in the year. I purchased it on February 16, 2017 and it was ready for pick up on April 3, 2017. (47 days)

We have not approached that length of wait time for this sale yet. I have one .308 still on backorder. The order was placed on 09/13/2017. It is still showing In Process.

A Creedmoor I ordered five days after the .308 (placed on 09/18/2017) arrived at Cabela's 4 days later. Even the Cabela's clerk was baffled by that one.

I would like to receive the .308 in time for the rebate deadline, which is still a ways off. I think everyone will have them by then.........basing it on my wait for the 22-250 earlier this year.

Basic Member
    Glad to see a little more activity on this thread! Like so many people, I've been thinking I need more Cabela's 12FV rifles.

I own the .308 and put a Boyd's pro varmint stock and 12x42 SWFA scope on it. I'm happy with those parts, but do have some nit picking I could do. I like the scope, I think it is well made. It can be just a bit irritating using it on multi colored targets though, it may be the 10 power is a better choice if that is going to bother you. At my local club matches the targets are black and white and that works well. If you buy color splatter targets like "Dirty Bird" etc. the bullseye focus is slightly different than the black parts of the target. I think for more than 10x power on those targets you start to need the HD glass.

I'm on back order for a .223 now. I'm a beginner shooter and many of my shoots are very accurate some are not. A 10 shot group can have a big hole and 2 or 3 that are an inch or two off. So I'll try to figure out if I am developing a flinch.

Due to lack of organization on my part, I bought 6 $50 gift certificates the day after I ordered the rifle which was 9/10. Went to use one yesterday for some Lapua cases and powder and was unpleasantly surprised that all my gift certificates had already been redeemed or whatever you call it. Not a great feeling to have $300 stolen. Cabela's was very sympathetic and helpful. After telling me when they were redeemed and my checking my emails it turned out they were redeemed before I bought them! So it didn't seem to be my fault!

I bought those cards from Giftcard Zen and after filling out the problem form on their website, they replaced the money on the cards within about an hour, great service from them. Cabela's also was very helpful, one casher, 2 customer service reps and the store manager all went out of their way to do what ever possible to help me out. They photographed the cards and promised to follow up. In the end the Giftcard Zen people made this right.

So the big question now is - should I cancel my order and then re-backorder after using the cards or order another 12FV or just use these cards normally for reloading supplies as the need arises? It seems like they have a large order on the way so perhaps it wouldn't really change the delivery date much. I do have another local club match 1st weekend of Nov....

Basic Member
    Just checked thank to you guys and my order shows shipped too.
    www.thescarletsea.org - stories from in between my ears.

Mine is still listed as "In process" on the Cabelas site.

Basic Member
    ^^^That's because I have "dibs" on everything that hits the Dundee store! You ain't getting nothin'! :)

Negan
    I am looking at scopes and this one is in my price range at the moment. It will be going on the 12 FV Creedmoor. Thoughts? Thanks!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burri...8.uts?slotId=5

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    ^^^That's because I have "dibs" on everything that hits the Dundee store! You ain't getting nothin'! :)
    What? And you're closer to Saginaw? Quit hogging all the Cabelas!

Basic Member
    ^^^Yeah. Trust me, Saginaw knows me. :)

And they take good care of me. Great service. Good people.
    Maybe they are great people, I don't know them that well. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    I am looking at scopes and this one is in my price range at the moment. It will be going on the 12 FV Creedmoor. Thoughts? Thanks!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burri...8.uts?slotId=5
    I really like the E1s and have bought several over the last couple of years on sale or with rebates. In my opinion there's not a better scope out there for the money. The ballistic plex should work very well with the 6.5 out to 500-600 eliminating the need to dial all over the place. They are excellent hunting scopes and I drilled a running pig in the moonlight at over 100 yards with my 3-9x50. You might want to see if a 4.5-14x is in the budget just because of the size and weight of the rig you're putting it on. It would give you a little more magnification to see your holes in the paper. I saw they also had the M-tac on sale as well. I also have one of those and the light gathering ability, resolution, clarity is great, but I find the crosshairs to be too thick on that particular model as they pretty much cover the bullseye/previous bullet hole.
    If a really decent quality budget setup is your goal sale priced Burris E1 would fill it out nicely. You could do a heck of a lot worse.

Sorry if this response is off the Cabellas 12FV topic, hopefully not... now back to your 12FV thread.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

This is the third time I’ve tried to post to this thread, got my fingers crossed. Just a heads up, my rebates were rejected at this time because the pics of the stickers of the UPC info was blocked by the cabelas tracking stickers. Called Savage who instructed me to contact cabelas customer service to obtain the info needed to resubmit rebates. Cabelas customer service has been difficult to contact concerning my issue. I obtained a phone number for the corporate level and will be contacting them monday. I will try to answer any questions that may arise from this post to help others avoid this issue. Chris

Basic Member
    ^^^^I know what you're talking about. I noticed a lot of them are like that. And those stickers are very sticky and the paper is weak. I can't remove them either without destroying the underlying sticker.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor8100 View Post
    This is the third time I’ve tried to post to this thread, got my fingers crossed. Just a heads up, my rebates were rejected at this time because the pics of the stickers of the UPC info was blocked by the cabelas tracking stickers. Called Savage who instructed me to contact cabelas customer service to obtain the info needed to resubmit rebates. Cabelas customer service has been difficult to contact concerning my issue. I obtained a phone number for the corporate level and will be contacting them monday. I will try to answer any questions that may arise from this post to help others avoid this issue. Chris
    I've been too lazy to mail in my rebate. I was probably going to get around to it this weekend. That is good information to know. I was not aware that the rebate could be submitted online, which is what I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    ^^^^I know what you're talking about. I noticed a lot of them are like that. And those stickers are very sticky and the paper is weak. I can't remove them either without destroying the underlying sticker.
    The Cabela's sticker can be removed if you have a hair dryer. I just removed the one placed over the Savage UPC sticker on my box. Start at a corner using high heat. Get it really hot and a corner lifted. It helped me to use a hobby knife to get a corner started. Once that happens, just keep heating an gently pull. A pair of tweezers to pull with may help as the heat is hard on the fingers. You really can't get it too hot with a hair dryer, but you might have to be careful with a heat gun.

Basic Member
    ^^^Hairdryer.... excellent thank you

Basic Member
    Hot damn...my rebate for the last 12FV I bought was just approved. Entered online 9/4 and approved 10/4. I am still awaiting the delivery of another 12FV so I can enter it into the system as well.

Makes me feel better knowing that the first one was approved!!! Just have to wait and not get all wound up over $100 sitting out there...

Thank you for the hair dryer tip, will give it a try. Chris

Basic Member
    Got the long awaited Email from Cabela's this morning and my heart leapt thinking it was notifying me of the pick up date for my two Savage 12 FV'.s I felt like a kid on Christmas morning.

Alas, it was just a notice saying my guns are on back order, there is a significant delay, and they have no idea when they will be able to fill the back order. Duh....... I knew all that already. It's been a month or so since I ordered.

I felt like a Secret Service agent being assigned to Hillary Clinton's detail. Man, what a punch in the gut.

Basic Member
    I just got rejected for the second time. I called, they said I sent the UPC sticker, but forgot the receipt. I didnt think so, but sent it all again, as that is how they advised to do it. Guess I will call them monday. Has anyone actually received their rebate from outdoor vista?

Russellc

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    Hot damn...my rebate for the last 12FV I bought was just approved. Entered online 9/4 and approved 10/4. I am still awaiting the delivery of another 12FV so I can enter it into the system as well.

Makes me feel better knowing that the first one was approved!!! Just have to wait and not get all wound up over $100 sitting out there...
    Great, I was hoping to be in the same boat, one gun in hand one on backorder...but keep getting kicked. Did you mail it or do it online?

Russellc

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    Great, I was hoping to be in the same boat, one gun in hand one on backorder...but keep getting kicked. Did you mail it or do it online?

Russellc
    Online...took pics of the required documents and UPC code with my phone and attached them to the submission.

Basic Member
    OK, just to clarify, I have a question about the documents required for the rebate. For those of you that have submitted your paperwork and been approved, what exactly did you send? I know you need the Savage UPC label off the box.

My uncertainty is what do they need as a receipt? I have the 2-page printout given to me at Cabela's. The first page has the details of the purchase. The second page is the coupon talking about the rebate. Also, I have a printed cash register receipt, that really doesn't specify much. So, what part of that do they want? I'm doing it online and figured I could just scan all of it and give it to them, even if they don't need it all.