Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Took the .223 fv out yesterday morning, found the gun likes the Australian outback 55gr ammo pretty well. Cabelas has it for $11.99 and here in Delaware there is no sales tax so it's a good buy. Wanted to try their 69gr but they don't stock it. Not sure how to post pic of target but it shot sub moa at 100 yds. Received the scope and rings for the .308 yesterday afternoon so hopefully we can get that out this week. Chris

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    This doesn't mean diddly. They haven't dropped the ball in any respect, shape or form. I am a customer. A good customer. I have bought well over 100 guns from Cabelas the last few years and I am a stock holder. As such, I don't want them to spend 1 penny trying to make this deal run any smoother for anyone. Suggesting that a customer in Boise was delayed a rifle when another customer in Boston got one before him even though the Boston dude ordered his a day later is indicative of poor service, inability to deliver fairly, efficiently and effectively is absurd. A whole generation of snivling brats with no sense of whats important is taking over this country. I am saddened to see it among a community of gun enthusiasts.

Well no wonder you would not mind waiting 12 months for a rifle. you have had or have access to hundreds. I also feel like you and I are living in two different realities. You are arguing for Cabela's to not work at keeping the highest level of customer satisfaction yet you are a share holder. What you described literally explains the expectations in today's marketplace, yet you say it is wrong? Again, as I said before, Cabela's has a strict policy on filling orders in the order they were placed. So, in the spirit of seeing your investment increase, I suggest you to continue to appreciate the way things used to be and accept and embrace the way things are in the present. As an aside, you can thank our last President for brining us brats out of the woodwork. And thank you, I've been called worse...

Take Care,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Deplorable
    Trump 2020 and beyond!

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor8100 View Post
    Took the .223 fv out yesterday morning, found the gun likes the Australian outback 55gr ammo pretty well. Cabelas has it for $11.99 and here in Delaware there is no sales tax so it's a good buy. Wanted to try their 69gr but they don't stock it. Not sure how to post pic of target but it shot sub moa at 100 yds. Received the scope and rings for the .308 yesterday afternoon so hopefully we can get that out this week. Chris

Sounds awesome and I can't wait to get out and give mine a try as well! As far as the pics, I think you can host it somewhere and insert with a link or you have be a savage team member. It's only 15 a year, I am thinking I will sign up in the near future

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Well no wonder you would not mind waiting 12 months for a rifle. you have had or have access to hundreds. I also feel like you and I are living in two different realities. You are arguing for Cabela's to not work at keeping the highest level of customer satisfaction yet you are a share holder. What you described literally explains the expectations in today's marketplace, yet you say it is wrong? Again, as I said before, Cabela's has a strict policy on filling orders in the order they were placed. So, in the spirit of seeing your investment increase, I suggest you to continue to appreciate the way things used to be and accept and embrace the way things are in the present. As an aside, you can thank our last President for brining us brats out of the woodwork. And thank you, I've been called worse...

Take Care,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Deplorable
    Trump 2020 and beyond!
    No one is going to have to wait 12 months for these rifles. You are making an issue out of not getting yours immediately (or ahead of someone else who ordered their's maybe a day later) when what you did was order a product under backorder terms. Customer service is important, but I believe you gotta be a reasonable customer as well. And the company should not waste resources trying to satisfy every cutomer who catches a trivial mistake. They need to pick their battles, too, or they will lose even more business. Just because they have a policy to fill orders a certain way does not mean they should brake the bank to get it done. As in all things, focus on what is meaningful.

Basic Member
    And, if you are a boss or employer or customer ( a type of boss), allow people room for less than ideal job performance when operating under unusually difficult or abnormal situations. If we, as custmers demand perfect service under all situations then we will discourage those who serve us from trying to offer special deals or create situations that make them stretch beyond their comfort zone. Encourage good effort and be patient whenever possible. Don't make it so difficult for someone or an organization to do attempt the difficult.

Basic Member
    I think they probably are doing a good job of following their policies. They work in the real world though and some small percentage of these rifles at any given time are being shipped between stores, they are perhaps being returned or are in line for a customer pickup who cancels their order because they already have 8-10 FV rifles. There may be confusion because of rifles being shipped between stores instead of being shipped for customer pickup at a store. Perhaps the Savage salesman to Cabelas carries a few of these in the trunk of his car and he dropped them off while they wait on a schedule for a production batch to be done. It seems though that at this point the state has settled on "backorderable" for all FV's.

The whole reason these rifles are a good deal is because being built in batches reduces the costs. So when a batch arrives the situation should turn around. It will take a somewhat variable time as stores do not get shipments every day.

1. well, i couldn't tell you if cabelas is making money on the rifles or not, but if the margin is too thin, they are treating it as a loss leader. especially when it is available in a hot new cal (6.5 cm) that will require dies, components, and a high end scope (anyone putting a $49 simmons on theirs) etc etc etc. And customers may feel so good about the deal they got, they may feel 'obligated' to use cabelas to supply them, rather than price shopping the net.

2. in the savage world, i do not presume to know the production capabilies they have. but i know firearm sales have slumped (nics check numbers) and bolt guns sales have been slumping for quite a while. not sexy, nor 'demonized', nor threatened yet, etc etc. it does not make money for savage to have production sitting idle. and how many of use are NOT repeat buyers now? cut your teeth on the 12's and soon you'll be drooling over the precision rifles.... just to see what they can really do!

3. the $100 rebate card is not cash. iirc it is for merchandise. turning it into cash would mean selling at a discount, akin to the approx 15% gift cards that pop up on the auction sites. and, cabelas must have a pretty good margin, since they quiter periodically release those gift cards for sale. i dunno, can the rebate card be used at a low margin retailer, like a grocery store. the card issuer gets a percent from the retailer, so there is another revenue stream and cost mitigator.

anyway, i patiently await mine that will make number.... uhm... i ain't sayin'. like prez bush (the first one said) buy something, anything... go out and buy some gum.
    another remmy escapee... might be a savage for the next half century,

Basic Member
    the card is a debit card. It can be used for gas, groceries, ammo or even hookers, if they have an app for it. :)

"if they have an app for it. :)"

idk the going rates up north, but not entirely sure i'd be interested in one available for a hundred bones... (pun is intentional)
    another remmy escapee... might be a savage for the next half century,

Basic Member
    I email Cabelas to get an estimate on delivery of my 6.5. Cabelas response, "The tentative arrival date for this particular item to our warehouse is 10/25/2017."

Basic Member
    I picked up my Creedmoor from Cabela's today. The process was much quicker than the last time I was there. I was probably in and out within 15 minutes. I made some small talk with the main person helping me. I asked him about the popularity of the sale. He seemed to indicate that it was immensely popular. I asked him if he knew the details of how they ship and are distributed. He didn't really elaborate, and I doubt he would know anyway. He said they had about 10-15 12FVs in the store at the time of the sale. He actually asked me if I bought my rifle immediately at the time of the sale. I told him that I had not and was surprised I had a shipping notice the next day when I ordered it last week. He seemed surprised as well. I did not tell him I also had a .308 on order. So, that was all the information I got from him.

Coincidentally, the Creedmoor looks just like my 12FV 22-250, except there is a bigger hole in the end of the barrel.

Probably the most important thing I need to add, make sure you hold onto or have your Cabela's receipt/paperwork for the rifle. The paperwork they give you has the Coupon thingie page that you must mail in for your Visa gift card. It is on a page all of its own. So, if there was doubt about the offer being good for this rifle, I think that confirmed the 12FV is included.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    I email Cabelas to get an estimate on delivery of my 6.5. Cabelas response, "The tentative arrival date for this particular item to our warehouse is 10/25/2017."
    I called Cabelas today (9/25) and got a really knowledgeable woman who reported this:
    They had more than 1500 Savage 12 FV's on back-order.
    The folks who ordered on 8 September, two days before I ordered mine, are getting their back orders shipped tomorrow.
    She says there is no reason I shouldn't expect a delivery notice within a week; i.e. the very first part of October.

By the way, mine is a .308..... I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

As an aside, earlier I called the store where I'm gonna' pick it up and gave the gal all the information and history on my back order. She asked me this: "Sir, did you order this gun from Cabelas"? I was at a loss for words.

Keep in mind the price of the 12FV was so low that other vendors bought them retail and resold them at marked up prices! Bass Pro sold them for $650 and Sportsman's Guide sold them for almost $600.

Quote Originally Posted by chop house View Post
    "if they have an app for it. :)"

idk the going rates up north, but not entirely sure i'd be interested in one available for a hundred bones... (pun is intentional)
    One for $100 is probably better than two for $50. Still, not smart money.

Negan
    Received my shipping notice today for the 6.5 CM but I am thinking I sped my ship date up due to me being a persistant turd. Also, since when do hookers take credit cards? lol Fox that cracked me up.

Basic Member
    ^^^Only them high class Hookers concerned with quality customer service accept credit cards. :)

And, if you use these $100 pre-loaded debit cards from Savage rebate center, there's no paper trail!

Basic Member
    I am just happy to live in a world where someone is willing to sell me a brand new rifle for $219. Like to have my stuff sooner rather than later, but I can't get my panties all in a twist, as my daddy used to say.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Placed my order for 12 FV in 6.5 CM on 9/20 and received email on 9/25 that my rifle in and ready for P/U at Cabelas Scarborough ME store. Original estimated delivery date was 10/4 so I am pleased. Will be picking mine up the weekend and start setting it up with components. Last 12FV I had was in 243 with accutriger and which I had a choate sniper stock installed. That was an absolute tack driver which somebody wanted far more than I wanted to keep it$$. I hope the 6.5 CM is as much fun to build and shoot as the 243 was?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozella View Post
    I called Cabelas today (9/25) and got a really knowledgeable woman who reported this:
    They had more than 1500 Savage 12 FV's on back-order.
    The folks who ordered on 8 September, two days before I ordered mine, are getting their back orders shipped tomorrow.
    She says there is no reason I shouldn't expect a delivery notice within a week; i.e. the very first part of October.

By the way, mine is a .308..... I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

As an aside, earlier I called the store where I'm gonna' pick it up and gave the gal all the information and history on my back order. She asked me this: "Sir, did you order this gun from Cabelas"? I was at a loss for words.
    I ordered 9/8 in 6.5CM and haven't heard a thing. Attempted to call today and see what the scoop was. Got a busy signal twice and a rejected call. Guess that was enough sign to me that they must be swamped with calls.

Basic Member
    I ordered a 22-250 on the 13th and nothing so far. No rush.
    www.thescarletsea.org - stories from in between my ears.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    I ordered 9/8 in 6.5CM and haven't heard a thing. Attempted to call today and see what the scoop was. Got a busy signal twice and a rejected call. Guess that was enough sign to me that they must be swamped with calls.

I am curious, did you call your local store or did you call corporate?

Negan
    As an aside, if you notice that the caliber you ordered is showing in-stock or limited stock, give corporate a call and ask them if they can run a new order through using your original order information. The reps were very helpful and it sped things up.

As of this post: 22-250, .308 and .204 were all showing limited stock

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    I am curious, did you call your local store or did you call corporate?
    It was the number listed on the order page so I'm assuming it's corporate?

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    It was the number listed on the order page so I'm assuming it's corporate?
    Did the operator say she was going to transfer you to Executive support? I found this strange but also kinda cool. I am just a lowly customer but they were so amazing I can't speak highly enough of the girls there.

Here is the number I used. (308) 254-5505

Basic Member
    I just called and they said my rifle will be available Oct 25th. A bit of a wait since it was ordered on 9/13, but I had some gift cards I used so I only came out of pocket 85 bucks and that doesn't include the 100 dollar rebate card.
    www.thescarletsea.org - stories from in between my ears.

Thanks Negan. I called and was told they are expecting a shipment on the 25th of Oct. and "hopefully" that it would cover the backorder.

Cheers,