Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    A question for those who have ordered a 12FV online. Did you have to pay for it at the time of order, or do you pay for it at the store when you pick it up?
    You got to pay for it online if you order it online. I don't think there is a method to have it ordered in and pay for it when you pick it up that is available on the website

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Banned
    All Savages have drastic tool marks in the barrels.

XC is actually pretty rough to, not as bad.

Shilen and LW are pretty smooth.

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

"All Savages have drastic tool marks in the barrels."

yup... i'm finding that out. just picked up a mod 11 bbl from a well known auction site... looks the same. this particular bbl is bothersome, since it was advertised as 'new' take off yet had some copper fouling, and there appears to be damage to a land right at the muzzle. i'm itching to get it on a receiver and see if it sprays. worst i guess is i shorten by 3/4" and recrown. wish me luck!
    another remmy escapee... might be a savage for the next half century,

Basic Member
    I ordered my 6.5 CM 12 FV last Sunday and they said it would be a month before mine would come in !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Yea that was what I was thinking.

My wife accuses me of being oblivious but .............

Basic Member
    Apparently so. Next time I'll make sure I read every post on the board before I try to help.

Basic Member
    308's are back in stock right now

Ok guys, just merged seven different threads all discussing the 12FV's from Cabela's into this one thread so everything's in one place rather than multiple threads.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Sorry for not getting back sooner, store called an hour after my last post and said the gun was ready. Stopped by, the employee brought out the gun, inserted the bolt and handed it to me for inspection. Everything was functioning as it should with no damage or marks. The employees at my local store (Delaware) have been #1 in customer service! A question was asked about the bolt finish, both rifles have bolts that are jeweled on the barrel of the bolt with savage written on them with black handles. Have been out of town so when I return I will look into mounts and a scope. Does anyone know how this gun would be classified in HighPower Silhouette? My question concerns the weight limit, 9lbs 2oz for hunter and 10lbs 2oz for high power class. With a scope and rings we should be able to make high power weight. The boy wants to try it next year, practice with .223 and shoot the .308 in competition for savings on ammo. Chris

Basic Member
    My 22-250 12FV is on the way but I bought another 12FV take-off stock for cheap for my 223ai project until I can afford a B&C Varmint. All of my trigger guards where fitting way too deep towards and come to find out it was setup for a bottom bolt release trigger guard. Kinda disappointing because I prefer a metal trigger guard to help keep torque even on the pillars. I thought all of the 12FV where top bolt release.

Negan
    Hi guys, was wondering what you guys would suggest for an aftermarket stock with pistol grip style for $200 or less. Do they exist? :-)

So has anyone actually seen a 6.5-12FV in the wild? I went ahead and got one on backorder since I'm very happy with my 308...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
    My 22-250 12FV is on the way but I bought another 12FV take-off stock for cheap for my 223ai project until I can afford a B&C Varmint. All of my trigger guards where fitting way too deep towards and come to find out it was setup for a bottom bolt release trigger guard. Kinda disappointing because I prefer a metal trigger guard to help keep torque even on the pillars. I thought all of the 12FV where top bolt release.
    The 12FV 22-250 I just got a few days ago is a top bolt release.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    All Savages have drastic tool marks in the barrels.

XC is actually pretty rough to, not as bad.

Shilen and LW are pretty smooth.
    Not True. I would agree that all CHEAP Savages have tool marks in the barrels but I have scoped two of the higher end target Savages and those barrels looked as good as any custom aftermarket barrel.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Hi guys, was wondering what you guys would suggest for an aftermarket stock with pistol grip style for $200 or less. Do they exist? :-)
    I ordered a Boyd's varmint stock. It's not a classic pistol grip but it's about the same angle. I think it was about $120.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
    You need a "Wide Trigger Guard" . The 12fv's are top bolt release.

Basic Member
    I guess new stocks are compatible with the taller bottom bolt release style trigger guards. Midways just sells the old thin style.

Luckily for me the action I'm putting in the stock is a bottom bolt release and the bottom bolt release trigger guard fit perfect.

sdrookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TinnCan View Post
    So has anyone actually seen a 6.5-12FV in the wild? I went ahead and got one on backorder since I'm very happy with my 308...
    Good question. Has anyone actually held a 6.5 12FV?

Quote Originally Posted by sdrookie View Post
    Good question. Has anyone actually held a 6.5 12FV?
    I thought for sure we had a member that posted about one.

Basic Member
    Here is a 6.5 Creedmoor. If you go to google images you can see a few more also.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHuntr View Post
    Got mine today.... was surprised it had a jeweled bolt! Also noticed the action had a slight finish blemish.. odd, but I guess it's no big deal. Can't wait to shoot this thing!

Basic Member
    Yep, that's my rifle.. barely shot it. Any questions from anyone? Work and family trips have kept me busy. I look forward to shooting it more next week. I got mine when it was on sale for $389.

sdrookie
    It lives!

Couple questions. Was it on backorder when you bought it and how long after purchase did it take to get it?

It lives!

Couple questions. Was it on backorder when you bought it and how long after purchase did it take to get it?
    I'm in the same boat. Patiently waiting. When I ordered it even said limited stock. It might take a month or two before we actually take possession. Fingers crossed.

Basic Member
    It lives!

No it was not on backorder.. I happened to stumble on it just browsing an ad. I saw the 6.5 and it showed available in store 3-5 days or whatever it was. I jumped on it! Had no clue it was available in that caliber... I must have gotten one out of the first batches to ship. It was on sale for $389 and I thought about waiting hoping to catch it for $319... glad I didn't. It arrived in store about 3 or 4 days later. I've shot it just enough to break the barrel in and to do a quick zero with factory ammo. Not too keen on the 26" barrel.. I may get it cut to 22 and thread for a suppressor (my next purchase once funds line up). That .223 fv I just got for $319 set me back again:)