Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
    The website has a pick a store feature that shows you if one is actually in stock near you. But do local stores have to honor the online pricing?
    My local Cabela's webpage showed all but the 6.5 were in stock. The retail reps page showed the same thing. Only a pair of 22-250 were actually in the store. Might want to call first if you're set on a particular caliber. I took one of the 22-250's for the action.

yet another cabela's 12fv question: Have they changed the bolt?

i was at local store first day / first hour of this sale, and the counter personnel showed me a 12fv with model 10 style black finished bolt and tactical style handle. i have a few of these already from 6 months back, and the bolt is 'jeweled'/polished, with a very smooth operation.

the local store is, of course, now sold out so i can not reverify but are all these now coming with the 'different' bolt style? i was somewhat disappointed in the appearance with the black/tactical bolt, and it was def 'catchy' rough in comparison.

also, what is the latest on getting the rebate request to be accepted by vistaoutdoor
    another remmy escapee... might be a savage for the next half century,

Basic Member
    My last 2, bought in the last 5-6 months, have the jeweled bolt. Of course the jeweling is just cosmetic, but it sure looks nice against an all black rifle. And both cycle very smoothly...

My rebate was received 9/4 and has not gone to the Approved stage yet...but has not been shot down either.

Basic Member
    I don't know about the bolt, but I paid for a 12fv yesterday and called to confirm the rebate. The 12fv qualifies. I'll let you know about the bolt when my rifle comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an email yesterday that my .308 was in. Went to the store to pick it up and when the employee opened the box the rear bolt baffle was laying in the box next to the bolt so they took it in the back, put it on and said they could not install the bolt. Said I would need to wait and they would have a manager look at it today. So I am waiting on a call from the store. It looked to me like someone had opened the box and fiddled with it, didn't know how to fix it and left it. I have faith they will settle the issue. Chris

Basic Member
    Thanks for typing that in such a large font, I was able to read your post from at least 15 feet away from my computer screen.

CHRIS: was the bolt polished silver or matte black? just curious... see my earlier thread. thx

Basic Member
    Do they know you have to pull the trigger AND push down the bolt release lever simultaneously ????

Basic Member
    Who did you call?

Basic Member
    The rear bolt baffle was laying separate from the boat, is what I read. That baffle is the c-shaped part between the bolt handle and the bolt. I think they can come off if you twist them and get it just right over the cut out in there bolt body.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hereinaz View Post
    The rear bolt baffle was laying separate from the boat, is what I read. That baffle is the c-shaped part between the bolt handle and the bolt. I think they can come off if you twist them and get it just right over the cut out in there bolt body.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Mine was the same way when they opened the unmolested box for me. Just took some fidgeting to get it back on.

Basic Member
    I bought two in the last 3 months... both jeweled bolts. I think the first variations had black bolts. That one you saw (and is shown on their site) is an old picture/store stock.

Negan
    This is a good deal for sure! I picked up a 6.5 a few days ago but was on back order so I am anxiously waiting. :-)

Negan

12FV Creedmoor at Cabelas Differing Description

Anyone have any idea why the details on the 6.5 are different than the rest when looking at the website? The stock description is different as well as the accu-trigger and heavy barrel are not listed as well. Also, on my order confirmation email it says "Savage 12FV Varmint Rifle Item: 292379 Model FC 6.5CM 26" So, the Model FC is confusing me. Is the "C" for Cabela's? :-)

Thank for any input

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 762Armo View Post
    I think it will be honored. Cabelas is saying that it will be. I'm pretty sure it will be good, but obviously it can't be guaranteed.
    Hopefully, there will be no issues with receiving the gift card. I ordered a .308 model last night, but was tempted to buy the Creedmoor since I already have a .308.

If I receive the $100 gift card, my total cost should be $178.79 since I used 7 of those $50 gift cards that sell on eBay for $40. Heckuva deal.

Basic Member
    F stands for synthetic stock(Tupperware), the C stands for detachable magazine.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Negan
    Thank you! I was confused because it says FV and also FC seperately, but not FCV. Take Care!

Basic Member
    I also ordered the Creed, none of the model numbers listed on my receipt come up on the Savage website. The "C" for Cabelas would make sense, only Cabelas and Savage knows for sure. Check with them.

Basic Member
    Hopefully, we'll find out pretty soon. The website went from "Backorderable" to "Limited Stock." My order still says "In Process."

I've had the 223 version for about a year. I just ordered a second 223 for a future project and now I'm considering order the 6.5. Can I get the $100 rebate on more than one rifle? I can't see anything about multiple purchases in the fine print of the rebate form. Oh, and check your mailbox - Two $20 off coupons arrived today.

Negan
    I found the same in that there is no connection to the site anymore for this specific Model 12. I tried the live chat this evening, as the store was closed, but they referred me to the store. If I hear anything, I will pass it along. Actually, thinking about it the rep said that any backorders would be in que to ship before new orders from the recently updated site indicating limited stock. Sadly, he said there is still no expected delivery date. :-( Yet, the site says if I order it today I would be able to pick it up in 5-8 days.

Negan
    I saw that as well and contacted customer service, they said my order still said backordered. Strange to me for sure being that it looks like there are some available to order as of this evening.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    It's deals like this that are turning me off to Savage. Why would I want to buy one of their guns when they're doing everything they can to devalue their products? When you flood the market with cheap product the product ultimately becomes worthless.
    I see what you mean but allowing folks to enter the Savage world at a variety of price points gets more people in to the Savage world allowing Savage to thrive and make us more and better toys to play with. (Run-on sentence complete!) I mean with the exception of super high end stuff most, if not all, manufacturers have entry level models. I am not sure which brand you would go to and not be turned off at this point, if this is your philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHuntr View Post
    I bought two in the last 3 months... both jeweled bolts. I think the first variations had black bolts. That one you saw (and is shown on their site) is an old picture/store stock.
    i'd like to think they didn't take a step backwards. who knows what is going on with cabela's inventory. the counter guy specifically said the 12fvs are "now" coming in with the tactical style bolt. i'm hoping that they are just not picking parts to fulfill demand... and the black bolt seems like it would save them a buck.

i have three of these, plus a couple extra bbls, they all had 'an issue' of some sort... usually cosmetic but sometimes in the chamber. and my borescope shows some pretty drastic tool marks in the bbl. but they all shoot well, they just don't clean easily. i wish my scope would fit in the .204 bore. curious on just how fast that one plates copper.

Basic Member
    A question for those who have ordered a 12FV online. Did you have to pay for it at the time of order, or do you pay for it at the store when you pick it up?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.