Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Can someone tell me if the internal mag spring and related parts will go flying/bouncing and rolling into the dark corners of my workbench if I take the tupperware stock off my 12FV? Will these parts stay with the stock when the action/barrel is removed?

I'm finally getting around to cleaning it up, mounting the scope and getting it ready for the range. Got a couple more days of rain being in the forecast, so I should get it done.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx2rk View Post
    Can someone tell me if the internal mag spring and related parts will go flying/bouncing and rolling into the dark corners of my workbench if I take the tupperware stock off my 12FV? Will these parts stay with the stock when the action/barrel is removed?

I'm finally getting around to cleaning it up, mounting the scope and getting it ready for the range. Got a couple more days of rain being in the forecast, so I should get it done.
    They stay in the internal mag but I think they will come loose if you unclip the mag body from inside the receiver. I only had the mag body out of my old stock once when I first got the rifle.

bowhunt
    Only had mine since the end of June and I have not had the stock off yet. To tell you the truth......it is so accurate that I am afraid to touch a screw on it!

Basic Member
    I had mine in and out of the stock a bunch while I was making the new one, accuracy was never affected. I thought it was strange when I saw that under the 4mm allen heads were 1/4"-20 threads.

Thanks but just for clarification, will the mag spring & related parts stay with the "action" or with the stock forearm when the stock is removed?

I plan on taking the rifle to the range "as is", straight out of the box with the addition of the scope. The trigger pull seems ok so far and have only checked the actions screws and they did not move when I checked them.

What is strange about the 1/4-20 threads? I used a 5/32" allen wrench per the owners manual

Basic Member
    ^ 5/32" equates to 4mm ^ If his action screws are 1/4"x 20, that would be strange. They should be 1/4"x28 tip.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FW Conch View Post
    ^ 5/32" equates to 4mm ^ If his action screws are 1/4"x 20, that would be strange. They should be 1/4"x28 tip.
    You're correct. I had a brain fart. Being 1/4"-28 made it simple for restocking.

Basic Member
    The mag will stay attached to the stock. You can remove mag from stock if you choose to do so

Thanks guys, I'm trying to learn these savage rifles. LOL

Banned
    I think that's why we are here! (well and to pass on things we have learned as well, that's probably more important of the two but never stop learning either)

Great benefits both ways

Basic Member
    Purchased this .223 12FV in late June 2016 as sale was winding down. Had $275 in original rifle after receiving rebate (nice!). Here it appears with B&C Medalist A2 stock and CDI DBM inletted by Jeff at CDI. It turned out very well. The total tag is over $1,000 now, but she is gorgeous and shoots wonderfully.

triehl27
    Savage Rebate update:

Those 2 savage 12FV's I was so proud of? Still proud of the groups. Not so much the company. I sent the 2 rebates in, mailed the same day, received properly. I have had 1 processed so far, the other....

MIA suddenly. Pending verification. And without the original UPC im told im outta luck. But more then that I got reminded the rebate ended on June 30th so even if I had the Original UPC wouldn't do me any good even though the rifles were purchased during the rebate. Savage customer service is not there to help in anyway, if there is an issue.

The process has been extremely aggravating, and customer service has been, very formal about the situation.

The interaction has been aggravating enough that I will probably not buy another Savage rifle, in the future I will probably look to other brand offerings.

Savage makes and excellent product, and I own almost 2 dozen of their products, 7 in the last 2 years alone, but this experience has been enough to really sour me on Savage unfortunately.

2 Rifles, 2 rebates, 2 sent, 2 received, 1 processed, rebate check recieved, the other missing.

Rebates are all done by a third party. They lost mine in the mail, but I had a scanned copy of all the stuff so I emailed it all and they took it.

triehl27
    I've got every thing but it's the "rebate receipt" not the register receipt, and the original UPC obviously went in the first time. The emails are coming in under Savage Arms Customer Service. Making one final attempt, going to scan and email everything I have left, and calling Cabela's to get a copy of the reciept again.

If this fails, it will really be the last straw. This has been going on for 4 weeks of emailing back and forth.

Banned
    Another layer of protection is to do the online Rebate. You get the form, keep a copy of it (electronically and or paper) and you have that trail as well.

Within their system is also a check on the UPC so you get that right. All those numbers and which ones do you need.

Plug that into the form or it won't give it to you so there is a confirmation there as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    Another layer of protection is to do the online Rebate. You get the form, keep a copy of it (electronically and or paper) and you have that trail as well.

Within their system is also a check on the UPC so you get that right. All those numbers and which ones do you need.

Plug that into the form or it won't give it to you so there is a confirmation there as well.
    That does not help if the company loses the original cash register receipt or it is lost in the mail. The forms and recpt must be sent by the stated deadline. Nevertheless, I hope they give you your rebate.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln4 View Post
    Yes, tupperware stock. It's $30.00 off here in my neck of the woods. Maybe the sale is only regional. Might give your store a call to check if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I was concerned about the "lost in the mail" dilemma too, and was told by the rebate company that I could make a photo copy of the original sales receipt and rebate receipt and mail those instead of the originals.

I did that, and got my rebate with no issues. I know it can be frustrating though, when the check doesn't arrive as planned.

I got the original cash register receipt and then the store printed out some "rebate receipts" for me and I sent the rebate receipts in with mine, (kept copies of EVERYTHING mailed), and no issues, got both of my rebate checks a month or so ago.

Basic Member
    Son has one in 223. it is an absolute tack driver.. IMO these are really good deals..

Basic Member
    They are good deals without the rebate

Basic Member
    My rebate got lost as well. Fortunately I took pictures of everything before sending it out. I called savage and they asked me to email it to them. It's still in progress when I check online, hoping there won't be any problems with it.

On a side note, I got 3/4" at 100 shooting off of a cheap bipod. That was with PMC 55grain ammo I picked at Cabelas. Winchester "match" ammo actually did worse. I found that interesting. I ordered some Hornadys Superperformance Varmint rounds ($23 for 20, 53 grains) and some 69 grain matchkings (also $23 for 20 rounds). Hoping they group a little tighter. Still impressed with the flimsy stock and crappy ammo. If I can shoot half inch at 100 with factory ammo I'd be even more impressed.

SidecarFlip
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln4 View Post
    "Welcome to Cabela's. Hand me your wallet, and no one gets hurt"...
    That is the truth... and my Black Cabelas Visa starts vibrating when I walk in the door.

Cabelas, where everything on sale is actually normal pricing anywhere else.

Basic Member
    I bought my 12 FV this summer and took it out this summer at the 100 yard range. My groups were less consistent than with my older savages with sporter barrels. Last Saturday I took the rifle out to 500 yards and I had a very hard time getting results. When we went out to get the cardboard target, it showed that my bullets were tumbling like crazy. Today I called Savage, explained what happened, and I had a shipping label within 5 minutes. They are going to fix it. I am super impressed with the friendliness and no-hassle customer service so far.

Is there still any sort of rebate for these or is it past the deadline for that?

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast