Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Cmonsta

Quote Originally Posted by WV1951 View Post
    The last couple of years, the model 12's have been in the first half of the year rebate, and the second half of the year had different models.
    Honestly I hope you are right! Lord knows I don't need to buy another. But if they do $100 rebate on these in the next 2 weeks, I'll be getting one lol. If not, it'll be used for ammo. So it's a win either way lol.

I got an email saying my two rebates were on the way. I don't remember when I sent them off, but it was fairly late in the promotion.

Basic Member
    I received the same email this morning. Mine was sent the second week of may.

Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    I received the same email this morning. Mine was sent the second week of may.
    Same here. I sent mine in at the end of May.

Basic Member
    I bought one in June. Cabelas had a sale on it for $350, plus $100 rebate from Savage. I also noticed a small scratch on the stock and got an extra 5% off. Total was $250 after tax (pending rebate). Could have gotten another $20 off if I signed up for cabelas card, but decided against it.
    I opted for the 223 but they had others available. Can't wait to outfit it with a scope and shoot it.

Cmonsta
    Quote Originally Posted by 762Armo View Post
    I bought one in June. Cabelas had a sale on it for $350, plus $100 rebate from Savage. I also noticed a small scratch on the stock and got an extra 5% off. Total was $250 after tax (pending rebate). Could have gotten another $20 off if I signed up for cabelas card, but decided against it.
    I opted for the 223 but they had others available. Can't wait to outfit it with a scope and shoot it.
    How can you wait!?! I wish I had the patients you have! I'm going nuts over here trying to buy a scope for my latest buy and it's only been a week lol.

both my rebate checks came yesterday.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post
    How can you wait!?! I wish I had the patients you have! I'm going nuts over here trying to buy a scope for my latest buy and it's only been a week lol.
    It's hard. I'm not real patient at all actually. LOL. I bought it right before my vacation. And I just got back a week ago. Picked out the scope while I was on vacation, I just have to get it now.

What do you guys think of the following:
    EGW 0 MOA Picatiny rail
    Burris rings: Signature Zee Rings or XTR??? <---- I have to take measurements, but I think Medium rings to clear the scope.
    Primary Arms 4-14 FFP Scope, R-Grid Reticle
    Last edited by 762Armo; 08-07-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx2rk View Post
    both my rebate checks came yesterday.
    Now you can get another rifle :)

Basic Member
    My check arrived yesterday and I purchased in late June. Pretty quick. So, I purchased my .223 12FV for a net $275 after rebate, which is fantastic. It has a nice action, pretty bolt, lovely barrel, and really decent stock trigger now adjusted to 1.5 lbs.. Then, it got expensive... I junked the sh!t stock in favor of a B&C Medalist A2. It is at CDI getting fitted for a DBM right now. Of course, there was a base, rings, and a SWFA SS 12X optic. Add on a pair of 10 round magazines. Now, I've got over $1,000 in this animal. I'll post a photo when I get it back. It will be worth it.

Now you can get another rifle :)
    that's the game plan as I'm selling off an old tonneau cover from a prior pick up, just not sure what I want. Wanting to go into the suppressed arena for giggles and grins. LOL.

Basic Member

What do you guys think of the following:
    EGW 0 MOA Picatiny rail
    Burris rings: Signature Zee Rings or XTR??? <---- I have to take measurements, but I think Medium rings to clear the scope.
    Primary Arms 4-14 FFP Scope, R-Grid Reticle
    Hey guys, don't want to start a new thread about this, but I'm going with the signature zee rings and and a 20Moa rail.
    Question is, can I get away with the low rings?

Basic Member
    Burris has measurements for their rings on their website. If Primary arms has scope specs on the website your all set to determine which rings. Any reason you decided to go with the 20 moa base and z rings?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Burris has measurements for their rings on their website. If Primary arms has scope specs on the website your all set to determine which rings. Any reason you decided to go with the 20 moa base and z rings?
    I liked the fact that Zee rings have the inserts which eliminate the need to lap the rings. As far as the rail I figured might as well just get the 20MOA, just to have it - not because I need it.

Although I just realized that the Zee rings also have the MOA inserts, so I could go with 0MOA rail and just get the inserts.

Basic Member
    Could the target trigger from a PTA be installed on this gun?

bowhunt
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    Well, one of them is a .22-250, which I don't shoot. Whether that's subject to change or it will be the host for a build is yet to be seen.
    Is your 22-250 barrel unfired? If so....I would be interested in buying it if you decide to yank it off for a build.

Haha, no I couldn't resist the temptation to shoot it! It is boringly accurate, despite not being a chambering I tend to shoot.

bowhunt
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    Haha, no I couldn't resist the temptation to shoot it! It is boringly accurate, despite not being a chambering I tend to shoot.
    I know what you mean. Mine is easily the most accurate rifle I've ever seen. That's the problem! Lol I shoot it so much that I can see me burning the barrel out of it in a couple years or less. I have heard of a lot of guys buying them for builds so I figured I would look for a new take-off to keep as a spare. Love this rifle so much that I wish they made it in 243.

A fast twist .243 Winchester or a 6.5 Creedmoor would make it an ideal long range starter rifle. Well, it'd still need a cheek rest, but it would still be a better starter unit than the RPR or Stealth.

bowhunt
    Yep. A 26" in this contour, with a 1 in 9.25", in one of the 6 mm flavors would definitely be a "reach out and touch 'em" piece for sure.

nightstash
    Just got my check back from the rebate for my 12FV.

FYI they also honored the $100 rebate on my 10T 6.5 Creedmoor I submitted even though it wasn't specially listed on the rebate.

bowhunt
    Nice!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post

Received my scope, waiting for the rail and rings.

Side note, I tried to check on my rebate but the website doesn't show anything. Should I be concerned?

bowhunt
    Just got an email notification that my 12FV rebate is on its way! :) Mailed it 1week before the deadline.

FYI they also honored the $100 rebate on my 10T 6.5 Creedmoor I submitted even though it wasn't specially listed on the rebate.
    That's insane. I called and asked about that rebate and was told it wouldn't qualify. That's the reason why I held off on buying one. It's on sale now and I am basically getting it for $100 off now but still, I would have liked it earlier.

Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast