Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tschimizzi View Post
    Thanks for the re-assurance that 22-250 is the way to go, its hard to not want to buy something and change everything about it right away! Hopefully mine will be a shooter out of the box. Now to pick out a stock....
    Mine took 50 rounds before it shot well. With 80 rounds through it, the last 4 Three shot groups at 100 yards were barely more than twice the width of the bullet. The first 20 rounds were lucky to be a 2" 3 shot group.
    It is my first 22-250 and my first 12FV, and I am impressed!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    It is my first 22-250 and my first 12FV, and I am impressed!

I think it's a sickness that I am actually considering getting a 4th one. I have a .223, .22-250 and .308 already. While I have -0- desire to actually own a 6.5 they are cheap enough to get and sell off the barrel and do something fun with. I need to move to Utah where I can drive out to the desert and shoot as far as I want...

Basic Member
    Side question, but what stocks fit this rifle with the blind magazine?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackdriver View Post
    Side question, but what stocks fit this rifle with the blind magazine?

Tons of them...Boyd's, B&C, McMillan, Hogue to name a few.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    Tons of them...Boyd's, B&C, McMillan, Hogue to name a few.
    I was hoping to find a Bell and Carlson Type 6, but they only list for the DBM. I guess I could pick up another Boyds Pro-Varmint.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackdriver View Post
    I was hoping to find a Bell and Carlson Type 6, but they only list for the DBM. I guess I could pick up another Boyds Pro-Varmint.
    I'm not sure if you are aware, so pardon me if you are. The 12FV can go in a stock with detachable magazines. I put one 12FV in a HS Precision stock with detachable magazine (Model PST114). I just ordered another HS Precsion for another 12FV I have. (Model PSV118). You will have to buy the bottom metal for the stock though.

Just got home to find a new Cabelas Black Friday book that has the 12FVs listed at $319.99 for Nov. 24-25. The original flyer had them at $369. What a steal!
    Is this nation wide, or regional? I hope to get another $50 off, may do some cartwheels. lol jk I would break a hip

Quote Originally Posted by BB68 View Post
    Is this nation wide, or regional? I hope to get another $50 off, may do some cartwheels. lol jk I would break a hip
    I assume it’s a national promo, it was in a 30some page flyer they sent out in the mail yesterday. It’s currently priced at $369, the book says $319 on Black Friday and the day after.

Team Savage

Regular price $419, less $50 instant savings, less $100 rebate = $269. Even at that price I couldn't resist and ordered mine in 6.5CM this morning.

Basic Member
    I just ordered a 12FV in 308. It was my birthday recently and I had $105 in Cabela's gift cards. After the rebate, I will have paid $165 out of pocket.

SCORE!

I assume it’s a national promo, it was in a 30some page flyer they sent out in the mail yesterday. It’s currently priced at $369, the book says $319 on Black Friday and the day after.
    I am not seeing this at the NE locations

Another guy joins the madness.

My shooting buddy and I shoot 2" saltines off a berm at 200 yrds with .22LRs. Some days the wind plays havoc, some days it is me. I have a stainless .17HMR heavy barreled factory walnut thumbhole 93, but even the slightest wind at 200 yards has my buddy who on windy days is shooting his Savage heavy barrel center fires giggling like a school girl as I try to keep up with him with my PWS .22LR with 28" GM barrel or the .17HMR.

Ordered a .223 12FV yesterday from Cabela's and will pick it up in Bowling Green, KY in 5-8 days or so they say. I was going to drive up there yesterday afternoon (70 miles) but thought just ordering one would allow me to plan my road trip better. I hope the rebate works but if not, $392 including tax, is cheaper than I could have hoped. This past Tues I drove to Whittakers Guns to look at possibilities but didn't see anything that interested me as a "cracker" gun. And just happened upon the Cabela's deal yesterday.

Probably go with a Byds AT One at some point for stock, will wait and see how it works OEM. Last good centerfire cracker gun I has was an original Bushmaster HBAR with JP Silent Recoil, adjustable gas block, ACE skeleton stock and trigger work. Someone decided they needed it worse than me and bought it from me. I sort of wish I had that one back.

It has been fun reading this thread on what appears to be the deal of the century that Cabela's continues to do with Savage.

I hate me some saltine crackers at 200yrds!

Basic Member
    My local ad shows 369$, not 319$. Got my scope mounted, this is a heavy gun!

Congrats GC and happy shooting.....and Thanksgiving.
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Basic Member
    Hey, does anyone know if an Accu-trigger target spring that Gun Shack sells would do anything to lighten the trigger pull on the 12FV trigger, or is it the same spring?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    Hey, does anyone know if an Accu-trigger target spring that Gun Shack sells would do anything to lighten the trigger pull on the 12FV trigger, or is it the same spring?
    Northland shooter supplies has the Accu trigger springs for the light trigger kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    Northland shooter supplies has the Accu trigger springs for the light trigger kit

They're only like 10 bucks

Basic Member
    They're only like 10 bucks

Good to know. I just ordered a muzzle threaded Savage barrel from him this week. I wished I would have known he carried them. The barrel was not due to arrive until next week or so since his shipment had not yet arrived. I may give him a call and see if I can get one or two from him before my order ships. Thanks.

But, I still need to know if it lightens the existing 12FV triggers or would it not make a difference?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    Good to know. I just ordered a muzzle threaded Savage barrel from him this week. I wished I would have known he carried them. The barrel was not due to arrive until next week or so since his shipment had not yet arrived. I may give him a call and see if I can get one or two from him before my order ships. Thanks.

But, I still need to know if it lightens the existing 12FV triggers or would it not make a difference?
    I believe the one I got lets you go down to 1.6 lb

Basic Member
    I believe the one I got lets you go down to 1.6 lb

OK, thanks.

Basic Member
    The 12fv has "Varmint" Accustriger springs, the lightest available without moving to a target Accutrigger which is a totally different version of the Accutrigger

Quote Originally Posted by Evlshnngns View Post
    Thats what they were today at LaVista, but if you use Cabelas card you get another 25 off.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evlshnngns View Post
    The 26" length heavy profile barrel does not make for a very light rifle. It'll get heavier still when you replace the tupperware stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    The 26" length heavy profile barrel does not make for a very light rifle. It'll get heavier still when you replace the tupperware stock.
    Very heavy, my 28 inch heavy bull shilen alone is 7lbs... total weight is 13 lbs, definitely not a hunting rifle lol... it will split hairs though :)

$319.99 online this morning. All calibers are backordered but I don’t mind waiting for a great deal. Let’s hope they come in before the rebate expires!