Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    Say, I'm a new 12FV owner and have a question. I have designs on using a MDT chassis and would want to convert to removable Box Magazine.
    I saw a post way back in this monster thread about this, and someone responded it could be done for about 30 some odd dollars of parts...all I have seen is a 200.00+ dollar
    deal to convert. Can someone explain what is requires?

Thanks for any help,

Russellc
    The chassis accepts AICS style mags, so once you bolt it on, you just need to buy a mag. Magpul now makes Pmags for it.

Basic Member
    its a little more involved than that. The FV has a blind mag, so you need a mag of course, but also the parts that hold it. Some of the bottom metal is also
    replaced as well. I see a kit sold for this purpose, but it is around 209.00 last time I looked. I thought from the post I referred to, maybe Savage had all the needed parts for less...looking at the conversion set, it looks like a flat piece of bottom metal, it has a trigger guard and small lever in front of it I assume is the mag release, then a box that the mag would go in.

It seems there are two different sets, one for stagger feed and one for center feed, which mine is.

Russellc

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    its a little more involved than that. The FV has a blind mag, so you need a mag of course, but also the parts that hold it. Some of the bottom metal is also
    replaced as well. I see a kit sold for this purpose, but it is around 209.00 last time I looked. I thought from the post I referred to, maybe Savage had all the needed parts for less...looking at the conversion set, it looks like a flat piece of bottom metal, it has a trigger guard and small lever in front of it I assume is the mag release, then a box that the mag would go in.

It seems there are two different sets, one for stagger feed and one for center feed, which mine is.

Russellc
    I think you're a little confused here.

The question was about a 12FV put into a MDT chassis and wanting DBM with it. The chassis (as Tarheelpwr pointed out) uses AICS-style mags - no additional parts needed other than the AICS magazine itself.

What I believe you are referring to is an aftermarket AICS conversion kit designed to work with the factory DBM inlet (i.e. Accurate Mag and PT&G), or requires special inletting (i.e. CDI Precision). Such a kit isn't needed with the MDT chassis as it's already built into the chassis.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Negan
    Just called my local store to ask about an update and they said I could be waiting months. :-( And he said that the 12FV is NOT included in the rebate and it is a website misprint. I am so confused as it is still on the site that way. He said to call corporate for the latest as all orders are processed from there. Anyway, just sharing my journey with this. :-)

Basic Member
    Has anyone here done this conversion? Surely someone here has?

Thanks,

Russellc

Basic Member
    Put it in a chassis, buy a mag, and done. It is not anything more than that. Don't over complicate it. Go look at any of the chassis at MDT, XLR, etc. to see for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Just called my local store to ask about an update and they said I could be waiting months. :-( And he said that the 12FV is NOT included in the rebate and it is a website misprint. I am so confused as it is still on the site that way. He said to call corporate for the latest as all orders are processed from there. Anyway, just sharing my journey with this. :-)
    Several of us confirmed the rebate with the rebate company. It does apply. Just fill it out once you get it.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelpwr View Post
    Several of us confirmed the rebate with the rebate company. It does apply. Just fill it out once you get it.
    Very happy to hear this and thank you for the reply.

I'm hoping they arrive sooner rather than later, but at Savage they produce based on demand and schedule. I waited almost 9 months once for a rifle.

Still curious if the 12FV has an older style firing pin, or if they have started using axis style non adjustable?

welderman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelpwr View Post
    You happen to have the phone number for the rebate company?

Has anybody actually asked Savage Arms?

Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welderman View Post
    You happen to have the phone number for the rebate company?

Has anybody actually asked Savage Arms?

Thanks.
    Look on the rebate form for the number. Cabelas lists the 5 digit model number in the description.

You can call Savage, but they'll refer you to the rebate company. That's why they pay them to fascilitate it.

Basic Member
    I ordered a 12FV .308 on 09/13/2017. As of now, the order status for it is In Process. I decided to order a 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday (09/18/2017). It is now showing the order status for the Creedmoor as Shipped. I think many will be seeing their rifles sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    I ordered a 12FV .308 on 09/13/2017. As of now, the order status for it is In Process. I decided to order a 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday (09/18/2017). It is now showing the order status for the Creedmoor as Shipped. I think many will be seeing their rifles sooner than later.
    I just checked on my status(6.5 cm) Order placed 09/08/2017. Still shows processing. =(

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    I just checked on my status(6.5 cm) Order placed 09/08/2017. Still shows processing. =(
    I ordered a 22-250 12FV when they were on sale back in February. My order date was February 16, 2017. It arrived at the Cabela's store on April 3, 2017. I seem to remember some saying they received theirs faster. So, I think it might just be luck of the draw on who receives theirs first.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    I'd go right now and buy a Powerball ticket as you seem to have won all the luck today he he..my order was on 9/9 and I was told that new orders would not be put in front of mine. Apparently I got lip service :-) mine still "in process" and told yesterday I could be waiting months..

Basic Member
    They had "limited stock" of 308's on 9-15 . I don't see why they would list that unless all other orders were filled.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
    They had "limited stock" of 308's on 9-15 . I don't see why they would list that unless all other orders were filled.
    I was thinking the same thing. Yesterday for a short time the 6.5 was on Limited stock as well. I just got off the phone with corporate and after talking to the very nice and helpful lady, and I'm not being sarcastic, I came to the conclusion that there's no rhyme or reason to how the orders are filled. She said that she was going to check into what's going on and make a note of my call and try to ensure that orders are filled in the order they were placed. Quite honestly I think they're overwhelmed by the amount of orders because she said there are a ton of orders for these things in 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Yesterday for a short time the 6.5 was on Limited stock as well. I just got off the phone with corporate and after talking to the very nice and helpful lady, and I'm not being sarcastic, I came to the conclusion that there's no rhyme or reason to how the orders are filled. She said that she was going to check into what's going on and make a note of my call and try to ensure that orders are filled in the order they were placed. Quite honestly I think they're overwhelmed by the amount of orders because she said there are a ton of orders for these things in 6.5.
    One of my reasons for ordering two 12FV 6.5CM's. One order placed early in the morning of 9/7 and one on 9/18. Maybe one of them will ship one day!

Basic Member
    I ordered my 6.5 on the 10th, order still shows in process. I wonder if store location has any influence on who get theirs first.

Basic Member
    I couldn't resist, I had to order one in 6.5.....

Ordered my 12 FV 6.5 Creedmoor on 9/15 and got a email today that it is ready for pick up. Only 5 days. Not too bad!

sdrookie
    Ordered 9-8. Silence. Bow season starts Saturday, so not real upset.

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCraneGuy View Post
    Ordered my 12 FV 6.5 Creedmoor on 9/15 and got a email today that it is ready for pick up. Only 5 days. Not too bad!
    That's great news! I'm getting annoyed at this point though....I ordered mine on 9/9 and still no progress....

Negan
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    I ordered my 6.5 on the 10th, order still shows in process. I wonder if store location has any influence on who get theirs first.
    It must have something to do with it. It makes no sense that guys ordering a week after us are getting them already while we stare at "in progress" :-/

Nightvisionary
    I owned a Savage 12FV pre-accutrigger several years ago in .223 that I used mostly for prairie dog in Wyoming and South Dakota. That rifle could shoot and many hits were made on prairie dogs out to 800 yards with that rifle. My 10FP in .308 has also been a great, accurate rifle. I really didn't need a 6.5 Creedmor but at this price I couldn't pass it up.

Regular price $419
    -$100 off Sale Price $319
    -$100 Visa Gift Card mail in rebate offer ( I spoke to a Savage rep today and confirmed the 12FV is eligible for this offer in addition to the 12FVC)
    -5% Veterans Discount
    -$20 from a Cabelas Bucks coupon that came in the mail yesterday
    -$50 Cabelas gift card that was on sale last month for $41.00
    -2x $50 Cabelas Gift cards from my wedding last month
    +free shipping
    +No sales tax in Oregon
    +$10 Oregon State Police background check fee
    $84 out the door using slightly fuzzy math.