Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1781

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

After finding and reading several posts from this thread, just drove 2 hours to the closest Cabelas last night and picked up the Savage 12FV in 223. It is my 1st Savage and 1st 223. Plan on mounting a Vortex Crossfire scope and reloading 223 for it soon. Got the $50 sale price, 5% veterans discount and will send in for the $100 rebate today. Been reading the site recently, glad I found it.

Basic Member
    I've had a blast shooting mine so far. Did the 20-shot barrel break-in procedure, zeroed, and having a blast. I'd forgotten how much fun it is shooting something like a .223 after mainly shooting .308 and 7mm Mag. The FV is heavy enough that shooting from a bipod, I can pretty well maintain eyes on the target through out the shot. These 12FVs are amazing rifles for what they cost!!

Basic Member
    What was price on this 12fv gun at Cabelas before sale ended and what was the rebate amount off the price before sale ended in i guess 2017 ? thanks. Marty

The regular price of $419.99 has been standard for awhile now. The fall sale last year was for $100.00 off in the store, then the $100.00 rebate brought it down to $219.99 plus any local sales tax. Other than the in-store sale price being only $50.00 lower this go around, the rebate is mail-in only now instead of the option of filing on-line like last time.

Either way, last time the rebate process was extremely slow for most, regardless of whether mailed or on-line. Two rifles purchased in Sept, one was on backorder for over a month, 1st rebate arrived just before Thanksgiving, second rebate took until Jan of this year to arrive.

Basic Member
    Ya, Cabelas has really been offering great prices on these Savages but be forewarned getting the gift card takes time. Be patient it'll come. That goes for the rifles too. If you order a caliber and it gets backordered, it'll come but be prepared to wait.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    If you order a caliber and it gets backordered, it'll come but be prepared to wait.
    As long as it shows up before the rebate has to be mailed I don't mind. Heck I shouldn't be buying this thing right now anyway but this deal is just too good to pass up.

My status has changed to shipped. I should get it any day now. I can't wait. I got 40 rounds of Hornady Black from Academy today. $20 a box. I will need to learn how to reload. Also waiting on my scope rings and base.

I enjoy the reloading almost as much as the shooting. It’s very gratifying to shoot little bitty groups with your own reloads.

Basic Member
    Gift cards showed up today and I just placed the order for a 6.5CM. Now I just hope it shows up before the rebate mail in deadline. Thanks to you guys for posting up the tip on the gift cards.

Basic Member
    Would it be overly optimistic to start checking my email for shipping confirmation? Hahaha!

First post on here, I just picked one of these rifles up in 308 and am trying to do the rebate and not mess it up. So my understanding is the rebate for the tshirt and koozie I can do online and the one fro the $100 gift card must be mailed.

When doing the online and it asks for the serial number is that the actual serial number on the rifle?

Also what must be included and mailed back? In the papers that came with it are two pieces of paper the first looks to be just a packing slip with my order details on it, the second mentions the promotion and also says "important mail this coupon." however on the back the instructions are for returning merchandise, not getting a rebate. So are there other instructions somewhere?

Thanks in advance guys I realize these are all probably pretty stupid questions but I don't wanna mess this up and have to wait 6 weeks to find out.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varano14 View Post
    First post on here, I just picked one of these rifles up in 308 and am trying to do the rebate and not mess it up. So my understanding is the rebate for the tshirt and koozie I can do online and the one fro the $100 gift card must be mailed.

When doing the online and it asks for the serial number is that the actual serial number on the rifle?

Also what must be included and mailed back? In the papers that came with it are two pieces of paper the first looks to be just a packing slip with my order details on it, the second mentions the promotion and also says "important mail this coupon." however on the back the instructions are for returning merchandise, not getting a rebate. So are there other instructions somewhere?
    Every one I've ever mailed in required your register receipt or a copy of your online order invoice, showing price and date of purchase. And yes, they're asking for the serial number of the rifle. They also want the UPC off the box. All of this should be mentioned on the rebate form itself. Check the form linked above. I don't know what form comes in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    Every one I've ever mailed in required your register receipt or a copy of your online order invoice, showing price and date of purchase. And yes, they're asking for the serial number of the rifle. They also want the UPC off the box. All of this should be mentioned on the rebate form itself. Check the form linked above. I don't know what form comes in the box.

Thank you!!! The form that is on Cabela's website is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't even think to look there for it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angermanagement View Post
    They never did have this rebate on the vista promotions sight, regardless of what was printed on your rebate slip or anything printed on this thread. Perhaps in the past they did, but not for this Second Amendment Cabela's promotion. How do I know this? Simple, I went to the site and it did not list it, just the free stuff which doesn't by the way include shipping.
    You will find the rebate forms link on the Cabela's online ad for the 12FV;

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home/...4.uts?slotId=0

You simply click on mail in rebate and it will take you right to the forms and instructions.

I bought 2, they are as advertised, blind mag, varmint contour barrel, accutrigger and plain Jane stock. They shoot like most all the Savages, under and inch without any problems and can do bug holes if you put a decent stock, hand loads or factory and good glass on them. Available in Ruger .204, 22-250, 223, 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor

Any other questions?

SALE $369.99
    Original Price: $419.99
    Save $50.00

$100.00 mail in rebate.
    Final cost, $269.00

I'm in California, and assuming Cabelas will ship to me, I think I still have to pay for an FFL transfer. After tax online it's $400. Most shops in CA tell me they charge $140 for all paperwork. That is the DROS and FFL transfer fee.

So I guess at most this gun after rebate will cost me ~$440, before I look at a stock. Any recommendations on a stock for the Savage 12FV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been somewhat on the fence about this deal. Been lusting for one of these in .204 Ruger to see what all this .20 cal fuss is about. After some time spent on YouTube today watching guys shoot crows and coyotes out around 500 yards and reading through this thread, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. My local Cabela's sold out of these about two days after the promotion hit so of course it's backordered, but that's fine with me. It'll give me time to research dies, bullets, powders, upgrades, optics, and all the other foolishness that goes along with a new purchase. A friend of mine bought one of these in 6.5 Creedmoor during the last promotion. Got it for $219 after rebate, mounted an enormous Sig scope (can't remember the model) and dropped it into an MDT chassis. It will put every round into the same hole at a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdncr View Post
    I've been somewhat on the fence about this deal. Been lusting for one of these in .204 Ruger to see what all this .20 cal fuss is about. After some time spent on YouTube today watching guys shoot crows and coyotes out around 500 yards and reading through this thread, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. My local Cabela's sold out of these about two days after the promotion hit so of course it's backordered, but that's fine with me. It'll give me time to research dies, bullets, powders, upgrades, optics, and all the other foolishness that goes along with a new purchase. A friend of mine bought one of these in 6.5 Creedmoor during the last promotion. Got it for $219 after rebate, mounted an enormous Sig scope (can't remember the model) and dropped it into an MDT chassis. It will put every round into the same hole at a hundred.
    Nah... The .204 version is garbage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Just got my dedicated scope set-up on my 12FV. I found the vortex 4×12 tactical to be too small but this Athlon BTR 6×24 in mils seems to be prefect for it. Took it out to 300 yards and was shooting incredible group .75 and better with a accurate 2230 and 50 gr Zmax bullet, neck sized once fired luapua brass. Going to have CDI inlet the stock for a DBM once I am ready to let it out of my sight for for 3 weeks.

https://i.imgur.com/lB3OxZs.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/TEIydja.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/vRHimYY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sn.outdoors View Post
    Nah... The .204 version is garbage.
    Crap. I guess it'll make good trade fodder.

Seriously though, if I can get mine shooting half that good some local 'yotes are going straight to the hurt locker!

Boy you all are getting me excited my ammo is all loaded up now all I'm waiting on is my stock to show up early next week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    They are heavy rifles. I took mine out for coyote hunting using a 60 grain (I think that's correct weight) A max bullets and took multiple past 300 yards but I was hammering them like I was using my .308 which was why I choose a .223 in the first place. Each shot anchored them but the rifle was so large that it was closer to nailing one then moving on to another ambush spot since when multiple came in there was no chance to acquire the second and take the shoot. Plus the amount of sewing I am now going to have to do... We hunted ridge lines in prone as a 2 man team and my spotter with his AR and shotgun got 3X as many kills as me.

These are great rifles but personally I feel they are more like range rifles or long range hunting rigs (or varmint). I will be replacing the barrel after I shoot this one out with a 22 or 24 inch and put on suppressor for long ramge. But in all honesty an AR might be more useful on coyotes unless you are in the desert and extremely well trained.

Basic Member
    "I'm in California, and assuming Cabelas will ship to me, I think I still have to pay for an FFL transfer. After tax online it's $400. Most shops in CA tell me they charge $140 for all paperwork. That is the DROS and FFL transfer fee.

So I guess at most this gun after rebate will cost me ~$440, before I look at a stock. Any recommendations on a stock for the Savage 12FV?"

Still a great value in my opinion. What is DROS? All we pay in Texas is a $25.00 xfer fee. Got to love California and the State's love of the citizen's hard earned money! I've been looking at the Boyd's AT-One stock for my 12-FV. Looks like I'll have to order a trigger guard from Boyd's that will fit without having to do fitting. Think the whole thing comes in around $220 shipped.

Got my choate ultimate varmint stock in today so far liking it minus the fact I have not shot it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    i stand corrected....the $100 rebate MUST be mailed in hard copy.
    here is the application website

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/pdfs/s...ate_3-1-18.pdf

sorry if i mislead anyone. has taken me a week to get the facts stright
    greg
    Quote Originally Posted by 1953greg View Post
    stil works for me....$419.99 - 50 instant - 5% military + 6% sales = $372.58 otd minus $100 savage rebate pending = $272.58 or bout half normal price

THANK YOU

ENJOY YOUR REWARD

Your tracking ID is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Please print this page or keep this number and your original receipt handy for future inquiries. Please allow up to 8 weeks from the date you completed the reward request form to receive your reward.
    Questions: If you do not receive your reward within 8 weeks from the time of submission, please call 1-800-998-8758 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CT Monday - Friday (Holidays excluded). Please have your purchase information ready.

Basic Member
    I hope everybody who had a rifle on backorder for the rebate that was good for purchases until December 31 filled out their online rebate form by the deadline, even without having upc. I called vista outdoors a week before the January 31 deadline and was told to submit my online rebate form after I picked up the back ordered rifle. Asked the lady twice if that was the way to submit backorder. Well, I picked up the rifle yesterday and tried to find the website to submit rebate. Couldn’t find it. Called vista outdoors and they said I couldn’t submit rebate because deadline was January 31. Told them about phone call to no avail. Anybody else have same problem? I got a 10t-sr not a 12fv but both were under same rebate.

I would maybe call Cabelas(assuming you purchased through them) and see if thy might do anything. Other than that you might try calling Vista and speaking with someone else. I found some of the folks there simply didn’t have a clue what they were talking about.

Hope PE they get you squared away.