Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1781

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Got 3 rebates in the mail today, one sent in 10/29 and the other 2 on 12/6...have another one sent in on 12/26 that shows it's in the mail right now. Only one left is a $50 rimfire rebate sent in 12/27 that is approved, but not mailed.

Overall it seems they are speeding up the more recent submissions.

Received my rebate card in the mail today. Expires 5/18. Come on Cabelas and Savage. We need a sale and a rebate. Card is burning a hole in my pocket.

Basic Member
    I also received my rebate today, took 10 days to get here. Now all I need is my chassis to finish my 12FV project. Should be hear Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    I also received my rebate today, took 10 days to get here. Now all I need is my chassis to finish my 12FV project. Should be hear Monday.
    What kind of chassis are you looking for get if you don't mind me asking?

Team Savage

My rebate was in today's mail too.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    The pillars do not need to be robust. Think compresive strength.
    I prefer more contact area and use 1/8" wall 1/2" OD aluminum tubing for pillars.

Received my rebate card in the mail too!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron L View Post
    Received my rebate card in the mail too!
    Me three, four, whatever....it's finally here....
    Noice...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180121_0734360_rewind.jpg  
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Basic Member
    MDT LSS XL GenII, hopefully I'll post pics on Monday.

Can't believe some of you got this for$219... How long did the sale and rebate run together?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by penna shooter View Post
    Me three, four, whatever....it's finally here....
    Noice...
    Make sure that your family is on the lookout for this rebate. Otherwise it might end up in the trash cuz it looks like another credit card offer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron L View Post
    I prefer more contact area and use 1/8" wall 1/2" OD aluminum tubing for pillars.
    Interesting. Why? I generally prescribe to the "more is better" philosophy, but occasionally, the theory that "enough is enough"
    works, too. I believe pillar strength is one of those, because their sole purpose is to prevent the action screws from compressing the stock material, not securing the action to the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Interesting. Why? I generally prescribe to the "more is better" philosophy, but occasionally, the theory that "enough is enough"
    works, too. I believe pillar strength is one of those, because their sole purpose is to prevent the action screws from compressing the stock material, not securing the action to the stock.
    If we're talking about an action that's properly bedded into a stock then I'd agree with you (that the pillars are just there to keep the screws from compressing the stock material). However, with a stock that isn't providing much in the way of proper bedding support (such as the Savage plastic stocks), the pillars are really the only things supporting the action. The steel pillars are likely sufficient for this task, but in my mind they're marginal.

The rear pillar in particular has just a scant amount of contact area with the action (or in the case of the blind mag guns, there is marginal contact area with the bent steel clip thingee sandwiched between the pillar and the receiver to hold the mag body in place). Half of the circumference of the receiver end of that pillar is cut away for sear/bolt latch clearance. At any rate, these 'pillar bedded' plastic stocks are till a great leap above the cheapo 'tupperware' OEM stocks that don't even have the steel pillars.

Also, I use the pillars to properly support and locate the action when I am epoxy bedding it. First I epoxy in the pillars, using the original unmolested wood/fiberglass/plastic/etc stock material to properly locate and support the action while the epoxy cures. After the pillar epoxy cures I then inlet the areas that I want to apply bedding epoxy to. While the bedding epoxy is curing, the pillars are doing the job of locating and supporting the action. After the bedding epoxy cures and I trim/clean stuff up as needed (and clearance the barrel channel), the bedding epoxy will be supporting and locating the action and the pillars will be just preventing compression of the stock material as you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by snapcrackpop View Post
    Make sure that your family is on the lookout for this rebate. Otherwise it might end up in the trash cuz it looks like another credit card offer.

Know you right....I checked the maibox and felt a envelope of GOODNESS....Bingo.
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Quote Originally Posted by agent88 View Post
    Can't believe some of you got this for$219... How long did the sale and rebate run together?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    I got mine on Black Friday Sale. The next day they were 369 which is still 50 off. Now they are 419 and no rebate. I think they were 319 Thanksgiving Day also. Just have to watch for Savage rebates and Cabelas for the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    I got mine on Black Friday Sale. The next day they were 369 which is still 50 off. Now they are 419 and no rebate. I think they were 319 Thanksgiving Day also. Just have to watch for Savage rebates and Cabelas for the sale.
    They were 319 on black Fri and Sat. I bought one (our stores last one instock) on Thanksgiving day and it was 369. I did call in and get the 319 price - Cabelas sends you a 50 gift card.

Still waiting on my 12FV rebates.... UPDATE RECEIVED 2 CARDS

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snapcrackpop View Post

Got to be kidding me! I just saw this, called the wife to see if she's seen it, and she confirmed she threw it out in the trash. She thought it was a CC offer.
    Is it worth calling Vista to see if they'll re-issue a new card or am I SOL?

Edit: Called Vista and they canceled the old card and I should get a new one in the next 30 days. Great CS and nice of them to fix a pretty big blunder!

Basic Member
    The only thing left of my 12FV is the action.
    6.5 Creedmoor X-Caliber barrel
    MDT LSS XL GEN2 chassis
    Vortex HS-T 6-24x50
    Warne 20 MOA steel base
    Valdada rings
    Magpul PRS
    BCM Grip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180122_150859.jpg   IMG_20180122_150757.jpg   IMG_20180122_150738.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by freediver111 View Post
    Got to be kidding me! I just saw this, called the wife to see if she's seen it, and she confirmed she threw it out in the trash. She thought it was a CC offer.
    Is it worth calling Vista to see if they'll re-issue a new card or am I SOL?

Edit: Called Vista and they canceled the old card and I should get a new one in the next 30 days. Great CS and nice of them to fix a pretty big blunder!
    This just gave me a panic attack, called my wife she said "i cut up credit card offers all the time" then she found it in todays mail phew! For those that havent received it, she said it came from savage, I expected it to say vista outdoors. Just so you all know what to look for and tell your wives to look for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Got my card today and my heart sank. I bought two rifles and submitted the paper work for both of them at one time.

The rebate contained only ONE card and my first thought was I would have to spend hours on the phone finding out what happened to the second card.

However, when I activated the card I was thrilled to see that it had a $200 balance, so all is right with the world.

It sure took a long time to arrive at my home though, considering I bought the guns so long ago I can't remember exactly when; Sept or early Oct. I think.

Basic Member
    I bought two Savage rifles during the promotion. A #11 hunter from CDNN and a Cabelas #12......The #11 rebate came in the form of a check and the #12 came as a credit card. When I received the check, I checked the web site to see where the #12 rebate was. It said "denied". I called Vista and they told me there were two different promotions. One paid directly from Savage and one from the parent company, Vista Outdoors.

Confusing, but I got both rebates.....

Basic Member
    Finally got second card! Great....until next time.

Russellc

Basic Member
    You guys got me worried. My wife regularly throws out CC applications. So if the MAILED circle indicator is not filled in as blue on Vista's website, it has NOT been shipped, right?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    So if the MAILED circle indicator is not filled in as blue on Vista's website, it has NOT been shipped, right?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    You guys got me worried. My wife regularly throws out CC applications. So if the MAILED circle indicator is not filled in as blue on Vista's website, it has NOT been shipped, right?
    Mine never showed mailed and I received mine.