Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 58646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1781

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2905 View Post
    You should submit this question in a new thread in the "Ammunition & Reloading" section. It will get more views by those who are qualified to help you.
    Yeah, i will submit it there. But I'm asking specifically about the 12FV .308 with the 26" barrel and 1:10 twist. Doesn't have to be handloads only, any feedback on bullet weights that work well.

Basic Member
    On sale again, 4 calibers (priced to $369) to choose from -

Savage Arms 12 FV Varmint .308 - $339.97

https://gun.deals/product/savage-arms-12-fv-bolt-action-varmint-rifles-41999-store-only-cabelas?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm _campaign=newsletter-{newsletter_id}

Also a free shipping coupon right below.

Cabelas page - https://www.cabelas.com/product/SAVA...4.uts?slotId=0

EDIT: The price as of 1/21/10 is $369 for all calibers on the Cabelas site. Previously it was $339 for .308 and $369 for all others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan gravitt View Post
    For those of you that frequent Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's, look up an app on your phone called Raise. With this app you can buy discounted gift cards instantly. For some reason, Cabela's cards are always cheaper than Bass Pro. I just checked and right now they are offering Cabela's gift cards at 14.4% off. That's a great savings. The real benefit is that they spend just like cash. So while all these black friday sales are going on you can buy gift cards on the app so you will save and additional percentage off of your sale item. It can really add up for multiple purchases. PM me if someone has questions. Also, these cards will fluctuate in there discount. In other words, one day you may be able to get 14.4% off and the next day, the cards will only be 12% off. Anyway, I've saved a ton of money over the last year and a half that I have had the app so I just thought it was worth passing along so ya'll can check it out.
    Thanks to this post, I learned about the Raise app (Thanks Nathan!). Using the app, I purchased gift cards which "magically" became a 12FV in 6.5 cm, EGW 20 MOA base and vortex 30mm precision rings from the local Bass Pro. All together the app saved me 18% on all cards purchased. I got home and immediately installed the 12FV in a MDT ESS chassis. Now I sit and wait (quite impatiently I might add) for a Vortex PST 6-24 from EuroOptics to arrive to round it out. I'm anticipating some range time in the coming weeks.

Got an email today from Savage. My rebate was approved. Second time was the charm. On sale for $374, $75 rebate, plus an additional $25 off for joining the Cabela's Club. $274 for the excellent 12FV.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Those rifles are probably the best deal on long guns ever.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Those rifles are probably the best deal on long guns ever.

I can't say that I've ever had a 12FV that won't shoot well, nor do you hear of many that won't. I currently have 2 of them that both shoot very well. I purchased them as donor actions for building better mousetraps. That being said, as far as bang for your buck, the 10T-SR is IMHO a better value considering all that it offers. The retail price of $599.99 isn't bad, but when you can catch them on sale for $499.99 and then add a rebate on top of that, they are an amazing bargain. Here's a list of features that come standard on the 10T-SR that make it such a great buy...
    AccuStock
    AccuTrigger
    5R Rifled Barrel
    Installed Picatinny Rail
    Suppressor Ready Threaded Muzzle With Cap
    BA Style Tactical Bolt Knob
    Detachable Box Magazine System
    Also Available in Long Action, 300WM
    Most of these items are things that would cost extra to upgrade a 12FV... if you are so inclined to do that. The 12FV performs great for a rifle at its price point. I will tell you that simply moving one of my 12FVs from the plastic stock to an H-S Precision stock more than halved its group sizes. I still own one of the first Model 10Ts that Savage made for Cabela's. It was a bargain even before they started offering it with the pic rail and the threaded muzzle. It is the first 6.5 Creedmoor that I ever owned and is an honest sub-MOA rifle out to 1300 yards and beyond. I still shoot it regularly and it hangs with heavy tactical and competition rifles costing 10 times its price. I'm not bashing the 12FV by any means, just pointing out what a spectacular value the 10T-SR is when you start to account for all the added features. To each their own. They're both great values. I will continue to buy 12FVs for use as donor actions and I will continue to shoot my stock 10T because it's awesome!! Cheers!!

Basic Member
    Which HS Precision fits the 12FV?

Thanks
    HeavyBarrel

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quigley257 View Post
    I can't say that I've ever had a 12FV that won't shoot well, nor do you hear of many that won't. I currently have 2 of them that both shoot very well. I purchased them as donor actions for building better mousetraps. That being said, as far as bang for your buck, the 10T-SR is IMHO a better value considering all that it offers. The retail price of $599.99 isn't bad, but when you can catch them on sale for $499.99 and then add a rebate on top of that, they are an amazing bargain. Here's a list of features that come standard on the 10T-SR that make it such a great buy...
    AccuStock
    AccuTrigger
    5R Rifled Barrel
    Installed Picatinny Rail
    Suppressor Ready Threaded Muzzle With Cap
    BA Style Tactical Bolt Knob
    Detachable Box Magazine System
    Also Available in Long Action, 300WM
    Most of these items are things that would cost extra to upgrade a 12FV... if you are so inclined to do that. The 12FV performs great for a rifle at its price point. I will tell you that simply moving one of my 12FVs from the plastic stock to an H-S Precision stock more than halved its group sizes. I still own one of the first Model 10Ts that Savage made for Cabela's. It was a bargain even before they started offering it with the pic rail and the threaded muzzle. It is the first 6.5 Creedmoor that I ever owned and is an honest sub-MOA rifle out to 1300 yards and beyond. I still shoot it regularly and it hangs with heavy tactical and competition rifles costing 10 times its price. I'm not bashing the 12FV by any means, just pointing out what a spectacular value the 10T-SR is when you start to account for all the added features. To each their own. They're both great values. I will continue to buy 12FVs for use as donor actions and I will continue to shoot my stock 10T because it's awesome!! Cheers!!
    This is currently on sale for $399 with free shipping at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. It's listed as -

Savage Model 10PT-SR 308 Win Bolt-Action Rifle with Heavy Threaded Barrel

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...ampaign=012420

Not sure of any differences between the PT-SR and a regular SR model, but seems like a good price and the majority of the same features (maybe not the 5R rifling).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Napier View Post
    Which HS Precision fits the 12FV?

Thanks
    HeavyBarrel
    That would be the PST114 stock. https://hsprecision.com/product/pst1...actical-stock/
    Remember that the 12FV is a top feed rifle with no DBM so you will need to purchase a bottom metal to use with this stock. I bought mine direct through Savage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    This is currently on sale for $399 with free shipping at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. It's listed as -

Savage Model 10PT-SR 308 Win Bolt-Action Rifle with Heavy Threaded Barrel

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...ampaign=012420
    Looks similar to the 10T-SR except it has a shorter, non-5R rifling barrel and no Accustock.

Not sure of any differences between the PT-SR and a regular SR model, but seems like a good price and the majority of the same features (maybe not the 5R rifling).
    Looks like the main differences would be the shorter, non-5R rifled barrel and lack of the Accustock.

Jump on it.

I have the Model 12 F/V in 6.5 creedmoor.

I shoot this gun 600 yds and get .5 to .3 MOA with my reloads.

The only modification I have made to the gun is a Boyd's AT-one stock and bedded receiver.

Adjust the accutrigger to just over 1# pull.

Vortex PST II, 6-24X50 FFP.

This gun is very accurate for a $400.00 gun.

I have 3 other guys I shoot with that have the same gun and no one is unhappy with it.

I can't speak for a 308 caliber being as accurate but the 6.5 Cm sure is...

Almost bought another when they went on sale along with the Savage $100 rebate.

Just learned about these and was about to order one to my local bass bro shop when I saw a YouTube video from The Social Regressive. He mentioned a 100 dollar off sale every 6ths months or so. What hopping to find out from past trends if there might be one in the next couple months or if I should just get one now? Repeat sales are never guaranteed after all.

I know that the 12 F/V is a cabela's exclusive and only sold at Cabela's or Bass Pro.

I would jump on it ASAP.

You won't regret it.

Basic Member
    They just had a 75 dollar rebate on some models and 100 on others from savage. The 12fv qualified for the 75 dollar rebate.
    I believe it was for rifles purchased in February.

I think you misunderstood. I was hoping from past trends to see when y’all think there might be another sale. I realize I missed January/February.

I'd say yes, there will most probably be another sale. My rebate from the one I bought black Friday weekend finally came. I spent it last night on a couple of Magpul AICS mags. HudsonGunner.com had 10 rounders for 29.99 with free shipping. WELCOME10 gets another 10 percent off. I thought that was pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG]

Is there a reliable thread, forum, or website to subscribe to for sales and rebates deals on savage bolt action rifles? It would be nice to just get an alert.

Quote Originally Posted by BUNEDOX View Post
    Just learned about these and was about to order one to my local bass bro shop when I saw a YouTube video from The Social Regressive. He mentioned a 100 dollar off sale every 6ths months or so. What hopping to find out from past trends if there might be one in the next couple months or if I should just get one now? Repeat sales are never guaranteed after all.
    that was done before bp took over cabelas , there were sales on them about every six months , not in the last year and a half , just very mild sales as of late

Has anyone installed their 12fv into a non varmit stock? I'd really like to get my 204 into a standard stock profile.

Basic Member
    The only difference would be a non beavertail forearm. However, if you put the 12fv inside a standard factory stock you will have to open the barrel channel and it won't leave much "meat" in the stock's forearm. It can be done, though. If you want an aftermarket stock designed for a sporter barrel (such as Boyds), it can certainly be done and done fairly well.
    Last edited by foxx; 07-09-2020 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added info

SALE IS ON AGAIN. 308 only $289
    Please everybody buy them up before I pull the trigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GameKing View Post
    SALE IS ON AGAIN. 308 only $289
    Please everybody buy them up before I pull the trigger.
    Damn!

Basic Member
    The 10T-SR is on sale too in all calibers including the 300WM. Way better bargain for the money. Regularly $599, on sale for only $359. You can't go wrong with this rifle. AccuStock, AccuTrigger, 5R barrel, tactical bolt handle, 20 MOA rail, threaded barrel and bottom metal with box magazine. IMO, the best entry level precision rifle out there.

Basic Member
    They have 12FV's for $289 in 308 Win only. The model 12 Benchrest Single shot is an unbelievable $799 but I can't seem to purchase one online. What gives?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    If I thought I had any kind of use for a 308, I'd be buying one w/o hesitation. Heck of a deal @ $290 plus tax for sure.