Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Yup bit the bullet and ordered a 6.5, I had $300 in giftcards I got of ebay for $82 each so with my math I'm at $166 after rebate (another $20 if you include tax).

Basic Member
    Had my dad over for t-giving and I was showing him my 12FV collection and his eyes lit up when I told him how much they cost. Then I had to open my mouth and tell him there was a rumor they were going to drop the price another $50 this morning. So I just finished ordering 3 more in .22-250, 6.5, and .308. Had to buy 11 gift cards off Raise for ~11% discount. Once all is said and done each rifle will be $206 out the door.

The 6.5 will be mine and I will finally join the true Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut and yank this one off for resale....Think I want something in .243...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tschimizzi View Post
    $319.99 online this morning. All calibers are backordered but I don’t mind waiting for a great deal. Let’s hope they come in before the rebate expires!
    Not an issue. Vista outdoors told me it was based on the sale date...

Russellc

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    Not an issue. Vista outdoors told me it was based on the sale date...

Russellc
    That's great! Ordered a 22-250 and some medium Talley rings this morning. Can't wait!

Bit the bullet and ordered one on 308 today probly going to sell my heavy barrel axis 243 but it's worth it to get into a standard savage short action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I couldn't help myself either. I ordered 2 more. Counting the rebate and discounts, I didn't really pay much for them. I traded my Discover Card points a while back for discounted Bass Pro gift cards. ($50 card for $40) Two weeks ago, I had them transferred to Cabela's gift cards. Technically, I have $178 in each rifle, or nothing if I count the points as free money. Heckuva deal.

After points, gift cards and rebate I got mine for $110. First savage for this guy, got it in 6.5. Gonna throw it in a chassis eventually. Any way to turn it into a detachable magazine without swapping the stock in the meantime?

Dang it. I ordered my first Cabela's 12FV on Weds, so cost is 392 with tax. I don't know what background check will cost. Lesson learned for next year. I have one question.

1) Does Cabelas contact me via email when my rifle comes in to the selected pickup store? Or do I have to check with the selected store?

Thnx

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graycrait View Post
    Dang it. I ordered my first Cabela's 12FV on Weds, so cost is 392 with tax. I don't know what background check will cost. Lesson learned for next year. I have one question.

1) Does Cabelas contact me via email when my rifle comes in to the selected pickup store? Or do I have to check with the selected store?

Thnx

They don't charge here for a background check. They will send you an email when it has arrived at the store.

Thnx
    Since the rifle hasn’t shipped yet, you could probably cancel your order if you do things quickly and get the discount.

Rcarr
    Just a heads up but at least as of a few hours ago the Cabelas in Scarborough,ME had at least one available in each caliber. I was so surprised I had difficulty choosing a caliber. I ended up picking up a 6.5 Creedmoor, my first centerfire Savage. After joining their rewards program and getting the rebate it should end up at right around 200$. Felt like I was committing a crime as I walked out with it. Haha.

Y'all talked me in to it. $319.00 plus tax minus rebate = $$250.00. Now come on Cabelas !!!

ksshane
    Got mine for 269. First Savage, and couldn't pass on the price. My son and I are going out today to sight it in.

Debating on changing the stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rcarr View Post
    Just a heads up but at least as of a few hours ago the Cabelas in Scarborough,ME had at least one available in each caliber. I was so surprised I had difficulty choosing a caliber. I ended up picking up a 6.5 Creedmoor, my first centerfire Savage. After joining their rewards program and getting the rebate it should end up at right around 200$. Felt like I was committing a crime as I walked out with it. Haha.
    Scarborough is my home store, but i couldnt make it in being out of the state for the holiday, hoping they take one of those in stock and set it aside for my backorder. Dont know how that works though, hopefully get it soon!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

To my knowledge anything ordered online it shipped to the store in one box. I once ordered a bunch of reloading equipment online and it was all in stock at my store and it still took a week to get to the store. I hate dealing with the lines at Cabela's so I choose to order online 90% of the time.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by ktmracer358 View Post
    To my knowledge anything ordered online it shipped to the store in one box. I once ordered a bunch of reloading equipment online and it was all in stock at my store and it still took a week to get to the store. I hate dealing with the lines at Cabela's so I choose to order online 90% of the time.

Precisely why I ordered mine online, especially this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    Precisely why I ordered mine online, especially this time of year.
    Same for me plus when I went online at 9 in the morning yesterday they had already sold out in stores they were all in stock at 11:30 the night before guess the cat's out of the bag LOL.

Boy you guys got me..Oh my first post,i will explain later.But I to order a 12fv.And it's back ordered ,it's a 6.5 cm.Boy I can't wait...
    Last edited by John e.; 11-25-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spell chk.

Did anyone get an email order confirmation for a backordered rifle? It shows in my account but I never got an email confirmation for the rifle itself. I ordered rings that were in stock separately and got an immediate confirmation.

My email confirmation took about 12hr

Basic Member
    It took about 12 hours for my confirmation email to appear as well. I wonder how many of these rifles have been ordered so far? I bet the Savage factory has plenty of work to do.

I ordered yesterday morning at 8am and now 32 hours later no confirmation

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just a heads up for anyone that ordered a day or two before it dropped to $319.99 I got on the online chat and asked if they would refund the difference since my rifle at the time had not shipped and they did so I got it for the $319.99 they might only do it through the end of today since I think that is when the sale price ends.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had purchased a 12FV on line Weds for 369.99. I got on Cabela's chat and they refunded 50.00, so that my sale price was 319.99. They said they are honoring the price 1 week from the sale date. Now I need to get registered as a military retiree with Cabela's. Maybe when I pick the rifle up I can fanagle some Cabela's bucks or something. I didn't know they had a vet discount.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had purchased a 12FV on line Weds for 369.99. I got on Cabela's chat and they refunded 50.00, so that my sale price was 319.99. They said they are honoring the price 1 week from the sale date. Now I need to get registered as a military retiree with Cabela's. Maybe when I pick the rifle up I can fanagle some Cabela's bucks or something. I didn't know they had a vet discount.
    Oops didn't see it. I scanned back a page before posting. Glad I wasn't the only one they did it for.