Mine came in 3 days ago, ordered on Sept. 12. I wanted to get a chance to put some holes in a target before I said anything. Now I will say I am very, very happy. There were no finish blemishes, the muzzle showed good rifling and had no little chips or flaws and the bolt felt good while being cycled. It took some time with a toothpick and dental style pick to clean stuff out of the front scope mount hole. After that all 4 screws for the scope mount went in without any drama or need for the tap I bought for my previous FV.

The new FV is in .223, the one I bought last year is .308. I use these for target practice and I am a beginner trying to get better. The .308 was more of a step up from my .22LR than I expected, . So I'm hoping the .223 will have some less drama and be easier for me to use with less heat going into the barrel and less urge to flinch.

My son and I got it to the range yesterday and put 50 rounds through it. The only disconcerting issue is that I think it took around 4 mils of windage correction to get on target. That's 40 clicks on my 12x40 SWFA. I'm not sure yet where that error is, the rail, the mounting holes or the scope ring clamps. Because of my budget I took the scope and rings off my .308 and moved them onto the .223. Both guns have EGW rails.

Once on target we moved it to 100 yards and shot some handloads. The bullets were Sierra 69 grain MatchKing HPBT with Varget powder. We each shoot 4 groups of 5 shots, the powder loads were 21, 22, 23 and 24 grains. Holy cow! Of these 8 groups, the worst came in at .70". With the .308 on a 10 shot group, we could make a big hole, but there always seemed to be 2 or 3 outliers.