Thread: Today's Pop Quiz!

Today's Pop Quiz!

What's wrong with this picture?

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Today's Pop Quiz!

Yobuck is a f in idiot
    Its Not the Violence that sets Men apart...
    Its the Distance They are Willing to travel!

Off center flash holes?

Oops, beat by 1 minute.
    Mike

LongRange
    they shorted you 7 rounds

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    they shorted you 7 rounds
    Damm, you beat me to it.

Yep!

This was just some range brass I picked up recently and discovered this quirk after running them through my pin tumbler. Not a single firing pin hole is centered in the 43 cases I have.

From what I've been able to find online this stuff just hit the American Market via Walmart in early May of this year, and everyone's reporting that most all of the firing pin holes are off-center, and by how much varies from piece to piece. This is the Perfecta brand ammo which is made by Fiocchi in Italy and imported/marketed by Tulammo USA. Apparently it's pretty cheap ammo, even cheaper than Winchester White Box, and is offered in 223, 308, .380 Auto, 9mm, .40S&W and .45 Auto.

Hadn't seen it mentioned here yet so thought I'd post it up before someone goes out and buys a boat-load with the mindset of reusing the brass for precision reloading. Some have reported that they've broken several decapping pins while trying to remove the primers, but I had no such experience using my Lee Decapping die. Those who have reloaded it say it doesn't present a noticeable problem for plinking and hunting loads, but I would imagine the off-set holes would definitely have an effect on ignition consistency causing your S.D. and E.S. to go up which isn't conducive to precision work.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks for the tip Bossman.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

savage2014
    I thought they were minions...

That explains why I can't get consistency with them on my savage axis II XP in 223

Doesn't look like "Perfecta" to me.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

defently, thks for posting. its been yrs since ive picked up range brass in 223. ive purchased several thousand of once fired lc unprocessed and haven't pic,d up any range brass in 223 since. Im glad I spotted this thread though.
    I am however on the prowl for some range brass for my father in law lolololo
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Quote Originally Posted by 243LPR View Post
    Doesn't look like "Perfecta" to me.
    olololololo
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

I usually don't bother to reload .223 because all I had was my AR15 and I could usually find plinking ammo for about the same price as it would cost me to reload. But since I picked up an Axis in .223 the other week I figured I'd scrounge up some brass and work up a load to see how accurate the factory barrel is.

Quote Originally Posted by XL105 View Post
    Flash hole not centered!
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Yep!

This was just some range brass I picked up recently and discovered this quirk after running them through my pin tumbler. Not a single firing pin hole is centered in the 43 cases I have.

From what I've been able to find online this stuff just hit the American Market via Walmart in early May of this year, and everyone's reporting that most all of the firing pin holes are off-center, and by how much varies from piece to piece. This is the Perfecta brand ammo which is made by Fiocchi in Italy and imported/marketed by Tulammo USA. Apparently it's pretty cheap ammo, even cheaper than Winchester White Box, and is offered in 223, 308, .380 Auto, 9mm, .40S&W and .45 Auto.

Hadn't seen it mentioned here yet so thought I'd post it up before someone goes out and buys a boat-load with the mindset of reusing the brass for precision reloading. Some have reported that they've broken several decapping pins while trying to remove the primers, but I had no such experience using my Lee Decapping die. Those who have reloaded it say it doesn't present a noticeable problem for plinking and hunting loads, but I would imagine the off-set holes would definitely have an effect on ignition consistency causing your S.D. and E.S. to go up which isn't conducive to precision work.
    I've used quite a bit of the Perfecta ammo in my AR-15 since the beginning of the year and have only encountered a few cases that had off set flash holes. My 11.5" CAR loves this ammo shooting it into 2" at 100 yards and yielding a velocity average of 2560 fps in the short barrel. I've reloaded the brass a number of times and it is performing well. I guess later batches have gotten sloppy on quality control.

Basic Member
    I bought a few hundred rounds of perfecta in .223 and have reloaded it for both my bolt action and my AR-15. I have not noticed the flash holes being that bad. An occasional one off center, but definitely the exception and not the rule. It has stood up to reloading well, and seems to shoot really well. My groups have been good in both rifles, and the chronograph has shown good consistency. The next time I need more AR-15 brass, I will buy another box of perfecta and reuse the brass.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the heads up on the headstamp. I pickup a lot of good range brassand most is darn good stiff. Those holes will break decapping pins and bend the decapping rods.

Basic Member
    i hate quizzes, i'm no good at them! they don't have primers!LOL

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

At first glance I thought I was looking at parts for a C-3P0 as played by Marty Feldman.

Twinsen
    Perfecta is manufactured by Fiocchi in Italy and imported by Tula.

I've had a squib and a double charge in their 9mm.
    I've had bad flash holes in Fiocchi 223 like what you have there.

I'm not a Fiocchi kind of guy.