Thread: Leupold or Sightron 12X scope ?

Basic Member

Leupold or Sightron 12X scope ?

Am looking at 12X fixed-power scopes.

See where Leupold and Sightrons are now priced within a dollar or two of each other.

Any thoughts on preference ?

Team Savage

Re: Leupold or Sightron 12X scope ?

As you know, either are top notch scopes with lifetime warranties. My guess is the Sightron glass will have a slight edge, but not enough to make any real difference at 12X. I like the fit, size and appearance of a Leupold versus the Sightron. I've found it very hard to sell a used Sightron versus a Leupold whenever (often) I want to try something different.

dcloco

Have not looked through any Sightrons of the latest varieties, so, cannot comment on them.

The FX in 12 power that I bought used....well used in fact...had the front lense pop loose. Stayed in the scope, but popped loose after a few rounds in the 300 Win Mag shooting 208 gr AMax's. I thought I had scoped myself and did not know it, because the picture thru the scope was blurry! :)

Leupold warranty provided a brand new scope...

I sent another in because the AO was hard to turn. Sent my credit card number with the scope...no charge again!

CJ in WY

Have not used or even looked through a Sightron 12X but have a few Leupold 12Xs on my short range doggin guns. Pick them up used for $300 or less but they sure work great!!! The fine duplex is 2MOA from x hairs to heavy so they work great to 350 yards but a target ellivation knob is a nice option.

Had a 12 X Leupold Silhouette scope from the mid 80's. Bought it new and never had a complaint with it. Let me see, I think maybe: yeah that's right Mr. Hammer bought it from me. I loved it but my eyes aren't want they used to be so I upped the magnification on the rifle I had it on.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~