Thread: Tell me about my Savage model 12 BJTV in .223

BOVindy

Tell me about my Savage model 12 BJTV in .223

Howdy folks. I purchased a Savage model 12 BJTV in .223 Remington last January, which I am planning to sell in order to upgrade to a target receiver with a custom barrel. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with any info or details on the BJTV series of rifles. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out with any relevant details. I'd like to figure out more about the rifle so I can judge as to whether the rifle will go for Hog Hunter prices or BVSS prices. The rifle has exactly 250 rounds through it. Here are some pictures of said rifle.

Thank you for your help and time. My apologies if this is supposed to go in the pictures thread, but it felt more like a technical support question. -Ben

Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    If I had that rifle, I would seriously consider using it as the donor for your build. Get your aftermarket barrel and if needed a new bolt head and mag alteration and your in business. I would suspect for a lot less cash. What were you thinking? ( BR series, 6.5 of some sort, )

Basic Member
    Here is Savage's web page for letter identification: https://savagearms.zendesk.com/entri...el-names-mean-

As you can see, your letter combo doesn't exactly dove tail with their system. Are you able to post a pic of what it is that the numbers you refer to are printed on? Perhaps the original box end that includes serial number?

You can always call or email Savage with your question.

Are you interested in selling the stock?

BOVindy
    Thanks for the help guys. In response to Strut; I'd love to use the rifle, but I'm after a left load receiver. I'm also going to get an ambidextrous stock, as I am the only one in my family the owns rifles, and some of the family use the Devil's hand . In response to the Texan; I used the Savage website partfinder to look up date of manufacture. There was no date listed, but the model number/notation was BJTV. (MOD 12BJTV 223 REM (AT) SATIN) As for selling the stock, I'm afraid my answer is no. I'd rather just sell the rifle as a whole than worry about which individual parts will sell well and which won't.
    Thank you for your time. -Ben