Thread: Savage scout 10 fcm in 7.62x39

forte-88

Savage scout 10 fcm in 7.62x39

Hello all! I just picked up my savage scout. Having a couple issues with it.
    1 - I can't find any spare mags for it. I guess this rifle was discontinued. So, I'm wondering what I can do as an alternative? Will a .308 mag fit my gun and ape me to load shots? (Silly question, I know. But i don't know what else to do)

And
    2 - some times when I pull the trigger, I can feel it tense up, and the pin doesn't strike the primer on the round. Thoughts?

thomae
    I am moving this to the 110 series rifles section of the forum.

I own one of these. I like it. You will have to look around the used market for a spare factory mag. You could become a paid member of this forum so you could access the classifieds, (and I would suggest that), but honestly, 7.62x39 mags don't come up for sale very often.

I suppose you COULD modify a .308 magazine, but the factory 7.62x39 mags have a spacer in the back to accommodate the shorter Russian cartridge, and the feed lips would have to be reworked to fit the different contours. I think it certainly would be do-able, but would require a lot of very careful work.

Your trigger issue may be because you are not pulling the trigger straight back. The blade of the accutrigger needs to be pulled back in a straight line parallel with the bore of the rifle. If you pull at an angle, it may not release the firing pin. Alternatively, it may be that your accu-trigger weight is set too low. Increase the trigger weight just a bit and see if that helps.

forte-88
    Thank you sir!