Thread: Custom AR grip for chassis's

Basic Member

Custom AR grip for chassis's

I had a problem with consistent placement on the grip and trigger with my XLR Element Chassis. It come with the ergo grip which is pretty large for most shooters unless you 6'5" with huge hands.

I realized I had a large gap between my trigger hand and the grip so building up the Palm swell was a must.

I was trying to think how to do it to fit my hand right and came up with camo form tape which I was able to build up to fit my hand perfectly.

I wanted to make it a better finished product after it worked so well in my match yesterday, so I picked up some rubber dip like you would use to re- handle your tools. Dip worked great and I used some netting I had that I use for camo patterns to add some texture.

Once it dries in a few hours I'll see how it feels. Should 've easy to remove if needed with the camo tape making up the base.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; 08-24-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Great idea!

Basic Member

Maybe not the prettiest, but does the job real well and will survive the elements much longer this way.

Basic Member
    Note after some dry fire work, this adds some very positive grip and control on the rifle. Trigger hand feels very natural and relaxed. Highly recommend this if the AR type pistol grips aren't quite enough for you.

sarsippius
    I'm all for "function over form," but ****, man... that thing looks like a fat, squishy turd hanging off of your XLR Element.

Respectfully,
    sarsippius

Basic Member
    Lol. Maybe, but it works **** well. Maybe I'll find out if someone can make me a custom one for it at some point, but for a $13 investment to more consistent shooting I say why not. Until recent updates Marines were known to use duct tape and whatever else the could manage to make their rifles fit them correctly.
    This functions perfectly, so if I ever want a true custom grip I'll have something for them to go on.

Basic Member
    I've always wanted to try these, but can't speak from experience... http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/.aspx...M4_Pistol_Grip

Edit: Also, here is a nice article with a listing of AR grips with photos of their profiles in case one of these looks like it would work for you. The Sierra Precision perhaps.
    http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2...gallery/page/2
    Last edited by Chrazy-Chris; 08-26-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Basic Member
    I saw those. I really Like that I was able to keep the general shape of the ergo grip. Plus I need it to be ambidextrous

I think it's beautiful. Incidentally, my favorite artist is Duchamp.

Basic Member
    Sierra Precision may be close, but it's not ambidextrous. Matches have weak side positions many times.