Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 x 56

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    Sorry but have to disagree. Seekins rings and the Vortex branded versions work just fine holding the Razor II scopes. I got one of the first Razor II 4.5-27x56 last year and it's been sitting in Seekins Precision rings and has never moved in travel or matches shot with it. I also have two other Razor IIs in Seekins rings and same thing, rock solid.
    I mean it's a matter of personal preference. I've had both Seekins and Vortex rings, never had a complaint with either... but until you use ARC rings you just don't know. I agree, those rings are probably more than fine for holding any scope, but having used ARC rings now, and seeing how much better they feel compared to others, I won't use anything else.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieTheBoom View Post
    ARC rings are the only way to go being that the Razor is a behemoth of a scope. Unless you want to spend 4 hundo on a Spuhr mount.
    I've used a SPUHR mount. ARC rings are still much better! Screwing around with 4 and 6 screw rings is a thing of the past for me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieTheBoom View Post
    I mean it's a matter of personal preference. I've had both Seekins and Vortex rings, never had a complaint with either... but until you use ARC rings you just don't know. I agree, those rings are probably more than fine for holding any scope, but having used ARC rings now, and seeing how much better they feel compared to others, I won't use anything else.
    Definitely a matter of preference and ARC rings are a very good ring but the way you made it sound is that you needed the ARC or Spurh to hold that scope. Just wanted to clarify that other rings hold the scope just fine on many platforms.

LongRange
    ALL the high-er end rings are great...like rob said its a matter of preference...i ran 4 and 6 hole night force rings for 7yrs and loved them but after using the ARCs they will be all i run now...are they better than the others? not as far as holding the scope in place but they are WAY easier and faster to set the scope up in.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
    Definitely a matter of preference and ARC rings are a very good ring but the way you made it sound is that you needed the ARC or Spurh to hold that scope. Just wanted to clarify that other rings hold the scope just fine on many platforms.
    Nah.

Should have said ARC rings are the only way to go knowing what I know now, but all the others are perfectly fine at doing the job. All of them will do just fine, but as the others have said, they are just way easier to use and are built like tanks. If I'm spending 2+ on a scope, I'm putting it in some beefy rings.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member
    I have had $3500 scopes in Seekins rings, flown with them and beat them up for years at matches and they work just fine. They aren't exactly lightweights either in clamping ability althugho they aren't overly heavy in weight. Can mount a scope in about 10-15min from naked rifle to done and that's plenty fast for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12