I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase a high-end optic. Last year I got into long-range shooting and quickly found that most of the scopes I owned fell short at extended range. As a treat to myself I purchased a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 x 56 with the EBR-2C reticle in MOA. I wanted to get the MIL but this scope is on about a 10 month back order and this MOA is what I could find.

I was able to get out and shoot it this afternoon and get a quick zero on my rifle. The clickless zero is really a nice feature of this scope as you can fine-tune your adjustments and not have to do 1/4 MOA minimum. You can adjust as much or as little as you want and then set it.

What I found with this optic is that at 27x power you really see any wobble in your hold. I found even on bags I was having trouble holding a completely steady point of aim. Perhaps all those "fliers" over the years weren't really "fliers" I also really enjoyed how perfect the adjustments are. At 100 yards when I adjusted 1 MOA it adjusted EXACTLY 1 MOA.

I am excited to get out and shoot long-range with it.

Below are some pictures of the scope. It's sitting on a Savage 11 I built last year chambered in .260 remington with a Criterion 26" barrel and Bell & Carlson stock.