Thread: Help me setup a Bmag!

RabbitSlayer

Help me setup a Bmag!

I am going to get a new Bmag stainless on monday. I had my wallet out yesterday, but the clerk only had the one in the rack which was all beat up.

Purpose of the gun is simply plinking in the desert and occasional jackrabbit decapitation. (Also 17wsm is abundant, but 22mag is non existant). All my guns are lightweight sporters with low power scopes,so I thought something different would be fun.

Stock: First thing will be to toss the stock in the trash. Boyds pro varmint, or the rimfire hunter. Right now I'm thinking applejack or just black. Will bed it before I even shoot it. Will eventually add dip metal trigger guard. No experience with either stock design. Which one do you like and why? Will bed it roughly like this and use marinetex.
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=572443

Scope: Weaver v24 varminter reticle. Dip or EGW rail, anyone have a preference? What are the lowest rings I can possibly run? I like warne, talley, and leupold usually. Plan to eventually get the glades armory bolt handle in black knurled. Don't, know if it will effect clearance?

Of course a stack of ammo! Has anyone tried the hornaday? I've always had good results with it in other calibers.

Crossing my fingers that my first savage won't be a lemon.

Please post pics of your stainless bmag in a boyds stock!

totallyforwork
    I'm waiting on my SS Bmag to get delivered to my FFL. I was thinking about a Boyds in Walnut because I want this rifle to have that classic look. All my other rifles are tactical so this rimfire is going to be simple; not even a rail base.

Not sure which model of stock I'll choose. I picked up high rings so whichever one provides the cheek height. I want the walnut but the black pepper looks nice too.

I just got my Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40mm. Also got a Leatherman all leather sling for the rifle to wear.

The thing that will make mine a little different is I got my seller to thread the barrel for the Silencerco Spectre ii which I should be able to take home this December or January at the current rate.

As far as ammo, I am surprised how available it is. I got one box of every type. I'm going to test the groups with each both with, and without the suppressor. My prediction is that the 25gn will be more consistent due to less fluctuation in velocity.

Please post a picture when you get set up and I'll do the same.