Thread: 110 W/ Scope mount

110 W/ Scope mount

I was making my pawn shop rounds looking for possible candidates. I came across this rifle 110 blind magazine in 3006 that had built in scope mounts on the action, this is the first time that I have seen one with it built in to it.
    Would anyone have anything on this rifle, possibly the age, time frame, would this make a possible old find, or one of a kind? Did Savage make this?, also had Savage scope rings with too. Any information would be great.

Respectfully,
    35 Whelenshooter
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]U.S. Army Retired Disabled Veteran[/SIZE][/FONT]

Basic Member
    can't help you much, but did see one on Gunbroker about a month or so back. i thought maybe it had the mounts bedded. good luck.

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Basic Member
    Can't offer much more info than devildogandboy but the mounts are soldered on and it most likely came from Savage that way.
    What year was it built, can't say.

Thanks, I will keep looking

I guess if they were soldered on square and true they would be ok.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Avoid it.
    According to sharpshooter, those were built during Savage's era of shame, where accurate rifles were not the norm.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
    Avoid it.
    According to sharpshooter, those were built during Savage's era of shame, where accurate rifles were not the norm.
    +1!!

Sent you a PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 35Whelenshooter View Post
    I was making my pawn shop rounds looking for possible candidates. I came across this rifle 110 blind magazine in 3006 that had built in scope mounts on the action, this is the first time that I have seen one with it built in to it.
    Would anyone have anything on this rifle, possibly the age, time frame, would this make a possible old find, or one of a kind? Did Savage make this?, also had Savage scope rings with too. Any information would be great.

Respectfully,
    35 Whelenshooter
    One of these?

Out of the wrapper....

From the S/N someone here said it was made in '88. Fully adjustable trigger, standard old style blind mag and etc. Other than the soldered on mounts its a run of the mill early 110 LA. That one I bought from a guy on another site, $150 new, unfired. He got it in lieu of cash from the original owner who bought it new but never put round one through it.

Are they any good? Yes and no. For a shooter as is there's not a thing wrong with them. While I owned it had both a 270W and 280R barrel on it. When I sold it I put a new unfired take off '06 on it for the guy. AFAIK he still shoots and hunts with it. On the downside the receiver would need to be drilled-tapped for mounts if they were to be changed.

With that said if you're looking for a donor action I'd pass. If you want it for a just for a shooter it would be fine provided the price is right.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

That is exactly what I found, so I will pass on this one from the pawn shop, thanks to all that helped me out.