Thread: Looking for stock options for a Gen2 Savage 10FP

Santander

Looking for stock options for a Gen2 Savage 10FP

Hello all.

I am looking for a replacement stock for my Savage 10FP. I bought this rifle not long after Savage came out with the AccuTrigger. I reckon that was 9-10 years ago.
    The rifle has the staggered-feed blind magazine and the side bolt-release. The spacing on the action screws is 4-1/4".
    Desired budget is in the $200 range ($300 max).

This has been a fantastic rifle. Shortly after I got it I put a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock on it and added a decent fixed 10x scope and I started shooting out to 600 yards up at Camp Butner and competing at the Woody's Designated Marksman events. But these days I just don't do that type of shooting and as a result, this rifle has become a bit of a closet queen. I would like to take her out to dance more often. I want this to evolve from a So I have done the following...
    • I replaced the fixed 10x scope with a 3-12x scope to improve field of vision. Hunting pigs or deer with a 10x makes it hard for target acquisition.
    • I had the 24" barrel cut back to 18" to make the barrel lighter and more rigid.
    • I had the barrel threaded to accept the suppressor that I use on my AR-10 and AR-15's.

I would now like to replace the large/heavy tactical stock (B&C Medalist) with something with more practical and lighter weight. Something with a traditional hunting design would do nicely. No thumbholes or pistol grips to jab me in the back. No more "tacticool".
    Just a decent stock for hunting deer, pigs, and coyotes... and punching paper @200 yards or so.

I have found few options available. Some are rather PROUD of their offerings (as in $450 - $570 proud) and I am sure that they are excellent stocks.
    I am looking for something in the $200 range and I'm willing to pay $300 if I need to (which I may). But it's gotta be decent. Tupperware will never again touch this rifle. :-)

Are there any other options (brands or sources) that I am overlooking ?
    Are there any options that are in the $200 range for this rifle anymore?
    Do any of you have experience with a Stockade or an H-S Precision stock? (I did find one post where someone indicated they preferred the Stockade.)

Many thanks,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Hello all.

I am looking for a replacement stock for my Savage 10FP. I bought this rifle not long after Savage came out with the AccuTrigger. I reckon that was 9-10 years ago.
    The rifle has the staggered-feed blind magazine and the side bolt-release. The spacing on the action screws is 4-1/4".
    Desired budget is in the $200 range ($300 max).

This has been a fantastic rifle. Shortly after I got it I put a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock on it and added a decent fixed 10x scope and I started shooting out to 600 yards up at Camp Butner and competing at the Woody's Designated Marksman events. But these days I just don't do that type of shooting and as a result, this rifle has become a bit of a closet queen. I would like to take her out to dance more often. I want this to evolve from a So I have done the following...
    • I replaced the fixed 10x scope with a 3-12x scope to improve field of vision. Hunting pigs or deer with a 10x makes it hard for target acquisition.
    • I had the 24" barrel cut back to 18" to make the barrel lighter and more rigid.
    • I had the barrel threaded to accept the suppressor that I use on my AR-10 and AR-15's.

I would now like to replace the large/heavy tactical stock (B&C Medalist) with something with more practical and lighter weight. Something with a traditional hunting design would do nicely. No thumbholes or pistol grips to jab me in the back. No more "tacticool".
    Just a decent stock for hunting deer, pigs, and coyotes... and punching paper @200 yards or so.

I have found few options available. Some are rather PROUD of their offerings (as in $450 - $570 proud) and I am sure that they are excellent stocks.
    I am looking for something in the $200 range and I'm willing to pay $300 if I need to (which I may). But it's gotta be decent. Tupperware will never again touch this rifle. :-)

Are there any other options (brands or sources) that I am overlooking ?
    Are there any options that are in the $200 range for this rifle anymore?
    Do any of you have experience with a Stockade or an H-S Precision stock? (I did find one post where someone indicated they preferred the Stockade.)

Many thanks,
    Tony
    You might look at Boyd's. I was considering using one of theirs to replace my Tupperware stock but ended up using a BVSS take off. Very nice, a bit heavy, but very nice.

Santander
    The only options I've seen from Boyds that will fit are thumbhole or their "Pro Varmint" which is very similar to the Medalist that I already have.
    I could be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    The only options I've seen from Boyds that will fit are thumbhole or their "Pro Varmint" which is very similar to the Medalist that I already have.
    I could be missing something.
    Well, how about a Tupperware stock? I know someone who has one!