Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Was Really Bored And This Is They End Result

I Was Really Bored And This Is They End Result

You know Mr Apache if you were really my friend you would try to talk me out of these, off the wall totally impractical insane barrel burning works of art. And another thing when I say to you I can't make up my mind between a 12 and a 14 Twist, as much as it solves the problem of having to make up my mind most sane people have to make a choice, you know what you are an ENABLER and we are no longer on speaking terms, at least until I need something else. Now nobody bother me I am busy.

Thanks Bud you outdid yourself as usual.

Dean

30" of Varmint Nightmare

One is a varmint and one is somewhere between a varmint and a Bull

77gr bullet with 66gr of RETUMBO
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by scope eye; 08-20-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

I'd say those should be pretty flat shooting...
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Basic Member
    Wow. Still waiting on 22RUM Dean.

I want to see said varmints splattered all over the hills side. Preferably in stunning HD video.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    I want to see said varmints splattered all over the hills side. Preferably in stunning HD video.
    I am working on it.LOL

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Then a 6mm-338L.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Then a 6mm-338L.
    I already have that a 6mm RUM that tops that by almost 10gr of powder.

Dean

Basic Member
    Here is the pied piper of SavageShooters! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :-)

How many quotes on this forum can we find where you say there is not enough barrel to burn the powder of a 22-06?

Yet there you go again!!

Have fun!

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sixonetonoffun View Post
    Here is the pied piper of SavageShooters! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :-)

How many quotes on this forum can we find where you say there is not enough barrel to burn the powder of a 22-06?

Yet there you go again!!

Have fun!
    I am a doubting Thomas and had to see for myself, and also I was thinking even if it does not burn all the powder, what ever part it does burn it will sure be a Blast and fast.

Dean

Basic Member
    Yeah! So what if it doesn't burn all of the powder? :-)

He just needs a longer barrel. Eventually, by the time he works his way up to the .243 BMG, the varmints out in the field are going to be wondering what keeps poking them just before the lights go out.

Basic Member
    Planning on sending small packages to the Space Station with that?

Basic Member
    Be more successful then the last couple rockets they built.

My border collie Jasmine was barking at a squirrel that was up in a tree, and when she would stop barking the squirrel would start barking at her. they kept going at back and forth for quite a while and I was trying to take a
    shot, but I was laughing so hard watching them two go at it I could not hold steady for a shot, I finally took a shot
    and took a huge chunk out of the tree branch right below where the squirrel was barking away, my dog was going out of her mind looking around for something to sink her teeth into but could not find anything, I think I found part of the tail I am not sure it was hard to tell what it was, I would have taken a pic but there was nothing to really take a pic of I still chuckle thinking of those two barking at each other.

Dean

Oh my! I thought my 22-243AI was fun...
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

How do you like your 22-243AI, I have a 22-243 Middlestead and love it.

Dean

Lots of fun. It's a 28" with a 8" twist. Let's me use slower powder to push the heavies way out there.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

For those wondering what the difference is between a 22-243AI and a 22-243 Middlestead, they AI version has a 40 degree shoulder and the Middlestead has a 30 Degree shoulder. they hold 50gr of powder so you can really launch a heavy 22 cal bullet and get some serious air time.

Dean

PS: I just run 243 brass though my 22 BR dies.

Basic Member
    You figure you can get enough powder in there to get that 224 bullet out of the barrel? JK.
    Man, that thing is going to be smokin.
    Neat barrels and cartridge.

I have some 40gr Vmax, 53gr Vmax, 69gr Sierra's 77gr Sierra's and 80gr Bergers, loaded up, I hope I can get away this weekend.

Dean

Basic Member
    Dean,

Planning on ever trying your hand at the 22-06 duplex load???

I have always wondered about that load , and to this day I still don't understand how the bullet that is deeper in the case, does not mushroom into oblivion.

Dean

Basic Member
    Maybe a standard ~50gr boat tail at the top and a round nose beneath it would still give enough room to allow the neck to tension the internal bullet?

Basic Member
    Or maybe stacking 2 or 3 #F shot pellets? That should make for a pretty devistating pest control round... probably not anything worth writing home about in terms of long range (or even mid range) accuracy, though. But who knows...

Or even #F shot behind a varmint bullet. Kind of like making a Savage combo rifle with one pull of the trigger...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast