Thread: Article: Savage Arms New Model 11 Scout Rifle in .308 Winchester

Article: Savage Arms New Model 11 Scout Rifle in .308 Winchester

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    what an excellent write up. any comparisons to the newer model Savage 110 Scout?

Basic Member
    A great rifle the model 11. I have one and it shoots good. I don't use it as much as i used to but it's a very good hunting rifle and will knock down anything you hit with it. Not that heavy either.

My wife bought one for my Birthday two years ago and I love it. There were issues that I resolved, but most now are minor. I replaced that Gawd Awful muzzle break with a Dlask linear compensator. The cheek piece should be modified so that the user can adjust the cheek piece without the use of tools. I painted a white spot at the top of the blade foresight to enable better target acquisition in low light conditions. To date, I've only used the rifle with iron sights but thats about to change as I've ordered a 2x to 7x by 42 long eye relief scope for my rifle.

I mounted the "Aim sport" scout scope on the rifle and did some field tests with it. I used 165 gn Hornady SST to produce a 5 shot group of 1-1/2" shot off a bipod and bean bag from my trucks tailgate to test the accuracy of this scope.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    So far, I'm impressed wit the results.

One design I like is Scout Rifles and now that really strong plastic stocks are being incorporated I will probably get one when (if) things get back to normal. Can't tell by pics but will the Scout Rifles take AICS mags and is the LOP adjustable by removing spacers. I like rifles with a LOP about 12 to 21 1/2 inches. I want a short 308/or 6.5 CDM or a 260 Rem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    One design I like is Scout Rifles and now that really strong plastic stocks are being incorporated I will probably get one when (if) things get back to normal. Can't tell by pics but will the Scout Rifles take AICS mags and is the LOP adjustable by removing spacers. I like rifles with a LOP about 12 to 21 1/2 inches. I want a short 308/or 6.5 CDM or a 260 Rem.
    Current Scout model comes configured for AICS mags and an AccuFit stock with adjustable comb and LOP.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain