Thread: rifle basix or timney trigger for the savage axis?

rcmark

rifle basix or timney trigger for the savage axis?

After searching and reading a lot of posts they seem to be pretty much equal.

What is your opinion?

Basic Member
    same design.

I have tried several of every type of Savage aftermarket triggers and they are all good for their stated purpose. Some, including Accutriggers, perform better than others of the same brand/design/model. Not always sure why. If you get one you're not happy with, don't write it off. Could be it just isn't as good in your rifle as the next one.

I like that the Rifle Basix trigger has separate controls for safety engagement and overtravel, and the price is typically lower than the Timney. However, what foxx said is true. I once swapped out shimmed factory trigger for a Timney on one of my rifles but found it wasn't the great improvement I'd hoped and went back to the modified trigger. More recently I switched it out again for a Rifle Basix and haven't felt the need to change.

dawg4life
    I put a timney on my axis last week and I really like it. no creep, crisp break, and adjustable from heavy to dangerously light. Only gripe I have is it took a few tries to get the safety properly adjusted, (Gun was firing on safe). After playing with it I have it tuned in and ready to go. Way better than the original non-accutrigger. (even with the spring trimmed)

Rifle Basix for mine...
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Basic Member
    They're about the same really. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you had two Axis rifles and one with each trigger if they were set the same.

I once swapped out shimmed factory trigger for a Timney on one of my rifles but found it wasn't the great improvement I'd hoped and went back to the modified trigger.
    Same here.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Same here.
    Your factory trigger was probably more broken in I would imagine. I ran a rifle basix on my Axis when I had it and everyone who fired that rifle loved my trigger. I spent a lot of time tuning it just right and had 1,000's of dry fires and lots of rounds on it. Broke it in to the point where I had to readjust it at one point.

I spent a lot of time tuning it just right and had 1,000's of dry fires and lots of rounds on it.
    Sort of like an an old broken in pair of hunting/hiking boots....new can be good but not necessarily better.

rfd12fv
    no complaints here with timney.