Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Axis closeout at Walmart?

No they are selling off the AR's I was talking to the manager while I was checking out and he said they have orders for tons of rifles, walmart is getting out of the AR business. He told me they clearance a whole lot of stuff in aug because the next years stuff is starting to come in. Now it could just be hogwash from one manager, but they had prob 40 other rifles/ shotguns that were normal price.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ77 View Post
    You guys don't know how good you have it. Guns are always more expensive in the sunshine state. I paid over 400 out the door for my axis heavy barrel
    Ill tell you something else about the (laws) in the sunshine state as they pertain to (buying) guns.
    As a Florida resident, you are not permitted to purchase firearms in another state other than an adjoining state.
    Not all gun shop owners are aware of the law but those that are in other states wont sell you a gun.
    Grices gun shop in Clearfield PA is the largest volume gun dealer in the state. Over many years ive bought lots
    of guns there. But since moving to Florida they will no longer sell me a gun.

Basic Member
    I thought it was Federal law that a guy could buy long guns in an adjoining state, but can only buy handguns from instate. I worked the gun counter at the Hixson, TN Academy for a while, and that is the rule we went by.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
    I thought it was Federal law that a guy could buy long guns in an adjoining state, but can only buy handguns from instate. I worked the gun counter at the Hixson, TN Academy for a while, and that is the rule we went by.
    I was informed when attempting to buy a rifle at the Grice gun shop that it was a Florida law.
    Im not aware of what handgun laws are. I have bought rifles from other shops and the background
    check didnt raise any flags over the residency issue. So those that dont know or dont choose to know will sell you a gun.

I'm a bit miffed that I can't find any of these super deals, and it's not like I don't have an Axis action sitting on my kitchen counter as we speak. I don't need another Axis, but at those prices it just seems stupid not to get another one!

Now, I should probably go clean off my kitchen counter.

That's why I bought two. Hahaha

Basic Member
    i got bored this morning and had the time to visit 2 other Wally's within 15 miles of me and their prices are $289 at both stores. that's 4 stores i have checked in the last week or so in my area and there are no specials here! **** Wal-Mart!

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Basic Member
    Down with Wally World!!
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Nothing here in NWA

Basic Member
    at my local Walmart they had axis for $289.00 but when I asked about the $199.00 axis they found one in the back { counterman hoped to buy it when he got paid } ASK they might have one

Basic Member
    @JWW123, things like this infuriate me. "Found" it? My local WalMart gun counter guys had a pretty good scheme going on 22's. Same thing, they would stash bricks in the back, and then sell them to friends. The 22's in question would then be sold at local gun shops for a tidy profit. The gun counter is now under new management. I asked where the old guard went and I was told the above story "off the record". What a shame.

Basic Member
    I stopped and checked today. The sporting goods manager told me that sales were dependent on what needed to move at a particular store. She said that the Axis is a good seller and they didn't need to put them on clearance. They just finished blowing out all their AR rifles, however.

I finally found a Walmart that is still in the business of selling guns—that was the first challenge—and the only Axis was a .223 for $289. The counter clerk seemed a bit lost about guns in general, so I doubt asking about clearance Axises would have been too successful. Oh well, you can't win them all (though upSLIDEdown seems to have excellent luck).

I did make an interesting, Axis-related find at a gun store nearby, but more about that later.

:)

Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know.

Basic Member
    WM here has a versa max for like 437 originally 800 something. Last is on hold pending background check. They guy on hold thought he was getting it at 600 something. Gonna be like x-mas when/if it comes back proceed now at another $200 off!

All I know is there are some buys out there on this stuff!

Basic Member
    Ashland, OH WM had $199 30/06 Axis combo stickers on the empty rack space. The dept. manager even spent some time in the back looking for more but they were gone. Sales person at the counter said they sold 308 AR's for about $400 ea.

Even worse than being too late for these deals was that Fin Feather Fur just down the road was out of Varget.

SThomas3791
    2 weeks ago i purchased an axis II package in 30-06 for $199 ($149 with $50 mail in rebate) normally sells for $387 and a savage 111 trophy hunter xp package in 30-06 for $249 ($199 after rebates) that normally sells for $497. felt like i was robbing walmart . . .

If the link I saw on Facebook today was accurate you'll soon see all modern sporting rifles (AR's and the like) on clearance at Walmart as supposedly they have decided to stop selling them.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    If the link I saw on Facebook today was accurate you'll soon see all modern sporting rifles (AR's and the like) on clearance at Walmart as supposedly they have decided to stop selling them.
    They are already gone in my area no walmart for 30 miles has any AR in stock. I quit calling after 30 miles.

Basic Member
    I heard rumors of such on other forums. Yesterday I trekked back to WalMart, not a black scary gun on the premises. No AR's, no AR style 22's, not even a military style airsoft. I didn't check the toy section. But the Axis was still $289.

Just scored a 30/06 trophy hunter xp for 249$ for a friend of mine.... Thanks op I couldn't even believe it...

Quote Originally Posted by rancher08 View Post
    Just scored a 30/06 trophy hunter xp for 249$ for a friend of mine.... Thanks op I couldn't even believe it...
    Dang nice price.

anyone know what scope the axis xp comes with? I bought one last year and I think it came with a cheap bushnell, but the one I found at walmart today, it was different? I didn't have a chance to look it over well, I just told them I would take it, and then I got a delay on my background check. So I didn't get a good look.
    Last edited by tsbrewers; 08-30-2015 at 12:59 AM.

Basic Member
    Weaver kaspa.

Quote Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
    Weaver kaspa.
    Thanks, you are correct. Just walked in the door with it. I actually didn't realize it had the accutrigger and weaver scope. Pretty happy at $150 after rebate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast