Thread: Model 24f - 22 hornet over 20ga synthetic stock

WVNEER

Model 24f - 22 hornet over 20ga synthetic stock

First post here from SC. Looking for a little help. I've got a Model 24F - 22Hornet over 20Ga. It has the synthetic stock and I won it in a raffle approximately 2002-03 range. I realize it is not "vintage" so I hope I'm in the right spot.

I searched the threads and found some info. but nothing specific to this model and caliber variation. I searched on Savage Part Finder and it wouldn't locate the serial number. As far as I know, this model has been discontinued. What I've dug up leads me to believe that the 22 Hornet/20 gauge was a rare combo. Anyone have any info? Most curious about an approximate value. It is in Excellent condition.

Thanks in advance!

The later synthetic stocked Model 24F's don't seem to be very popular and aren't desirable as collectibles (at least not yet) like the earlier one from the 60's and 70's are. The 22 Hornet chambering is probably fairly rare though, so if/when the 24F's start drawing some attention yours will probably be one of the more prized and sought after combinations.

Per Savage24.com ...

Savage 24F 12-T: (the 12 stands for 12 gauge and the T stand for Turkey model) All metal has a painted black surface and unlike some of the early models, then engraving on the receiver is a scroll work instead of a game scene; Top tang barrel release lever; introduction of a cross bolt safety; hammer barrel selector; top drilled and tapped for scope mounts; Dupont Rynite black stock and forearm painted with a unique leaf camoflage pattern; factory chokes. This was marketed as a turkey hunting gun. Known calibers include .222Rem and .223Rem. I suspect there are others I have not encountered yet.

Savage 24F Predator: Same as the 24F 12-T except the camoflage stock, it was also available in a 20 gauge version. I do not know of a 20 gauge model with factory chokes, but there is reported to be a few. The early models retained the drilled and tapped top while a later produce version had an L-shaped bracket with a picatinny rail which mounted with 2 screws to a breech support bar on the right side. This was the last of the 24's sold to date. Known caliber combinations .17HMR/20, .22lr/20, .22 Hornet/20 or 12ga, .223/20 or 12ga, & .30-30Win/20 or 12ga
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain