Thread: Savage 11 long range hunter

mkessler

Savage 11 long range hunter

Hello everyone, my first post. I have a savage 11 long range hunter (short action) and I'm looking to see if it's possible to replace the stock built-in magazine with removable magazine. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

lrshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by mkessler View Post
    Hello everyone, my first post. I have a savage 11 long range hunter (short action) and I'm looking to see if it's possible to replace the stock built-in magazine with removable magazine. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Youll need to get a detachable bottom metal from cdi, surgeon.etc. I assume you have that cheap Tupperware stock so you'll probably be best off to get a Boyds or what ever you feel like spending the money on. Send the gun to cdi or any place that will do inletting. You can do it yourself as well if you have the patience. If you wanna stick with savage mags, then you'll have to get a dbm from savage. CDI uses AICS mags far as I know. I have PTG dbm but it's really not worth the terrible CS.

The factory Savage DBM is the cheapest and easiest way to go. They are about $15 for the short action I believe. Once you have this all you need to do is get a magazine which are pretty easy to find and everything fits great into a Boyds stock.

Short Action DBM part #109400