Just ordered my first Savage, Hog Hunter 308 and I am ANXIOUSLY waiting its arrival. I want to replace the stock with the Boyds Tacticool Stock but Boyds CS say they don't make it for the HH. I saw a Tacticool at Midway: Product 182138 that says Savage 10 Short Action Blind Magazine 4.4" Screw Spacing Heavy Barrel Channel Laminated Wood Black Textured. I have read elsewhere that it sounds like the one I need but Midway won't verify.

I saw back in 2013 that bootsmcquire on this forum said "All you need is a stock for a Savage Short Action Centerfeed (it has the 4.40" screw spacing). You do not have to find one listed specifically for the hog hunter, if that is how you are seaching. I only mention as it seems to be a common mistake that people seach for a stock for their specific model rather than the action type."

I am so looking forward to this build but I really want to get it right. Can anyone verify the Midway number is correct for what I want? Or do you have a better suggestion? Plan is mainly 200 yards and below for starters 60% hunting 40% range.

Scope Question: Opinions on the Primary Arms 1x4x42 vs SWFA 1x4x24??

Thank you