Thread: Metal Trigger Guard for Axis w/Boyds

Basic Member

Metal Trigger Guard for Axis w/Boyds

I assume that these are the same as Savage Model 10 trigger guards. However, I cannot locate a metal one in black finish. Everywhere I looked is out-of-stock. The $12 ones shown on Boyds' site just say "black" and do not say if they are metal or the junk plastic ones.

Basic Member
    here's the part link, i ordered one with my stock and they are metal: http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produc...d--matte-black

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

IUOE-Mike
    Its metal, ordered one with my stock. The stock also shipped with a plastic one installed.

Basic Member
    Thanks.

I just ordered one after confirming over the phone that the shipping would "only" be $9.00 instead of $20.88 as shown during checkout.

I'm glad you spoke to someone who was more sensible about shipping. The website still wants to charge me almost $17 for shipping one trigger guard.

rfd12fv
    the black axis trigger guard is metal alrighty. installed the axis hb action/barrel into a boyds varmint thumbhole yesterday and had issues with the timney trigger i had previously installed. required a bit of wood inletting at the front and rear of stock's trigger opening, and cutting down the trigger guard's wood screw by 1/8". also, the trigger guard's front inside base area needed to be ground down with a dremel abrasive wheel to allow a tad more room for the trigger set screw. all's well that ends well ... just awaiting the witt brake.

Good point about the Timney trigger. I ran into the set screw clearance problem too and wound up drilling a shallow impression for it.

IUOE-Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    Good point about the Timney trigger. I ran into the set screw clearance problem too and wound up drilling a shallow impression for it.
    good to know, my Timney will be here tomorrow.

rfd12fv
    adding a 1/32" to 1/16" metal spacer for the forward machine bolt and rear wood screw to the trigger guard will eliminate the need to booger its metal to allow the timney set screw to clear the trigger guard base. no worries either - there's still plenty of thread on those screws to allow those spacers.