Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but I've been searching for a while now and really haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have a 110 FCP chambered in .338 LM and I believe the barrel has just about reached the end of its road. Most of my research has turned up some unnerving info about the .338 actions... Namely barrel manufacturers not making prefit replacement barrels for the .338 because they're not confident the action will hold.

So my question is, if Shilen, Criterion, etc. aren't making prefit barrels for the .338 actions for these reasons, isn't that cause for concern? If it's not, has anyone had any luck with getting another barrel fitted to their .338 action? If so, what manufacturer did you use? Did you fit it yourself or have a smith do it?

At this point I'm really leaning toward sending my action to Douglas and having them throw one of their barrels on it. At least at that point I would know it was Rockwell tested / threaded / chambered properly. Any insight is appreciated.