Thread: Burris Signature - Ring Height?

Flipco

Burris Signature - Ring Height?

I am new to figuring out how to properly mount my scope and my question is about ring height.

I just bought a 11 Hog Hunter .308 and I installed a Weaver multi slot base part number 48338.....along with that, I picked up a Vortex Viper HS 6-24x 50 during a recent Cabelas in store only sale. I didn't pick up any 30mm rings for it cause everything they had available was confusing me with the height listed on package from medium, large, Xlarge.

Some of the rings available in store were from Burris, Leupold, Weaver, and Warne....all seem to be good from what I have read in past but for my budget, I'm looking at the Burris Signature rings....(the one with the Self Aligning Insert)

I will be removing the rear iron sight on the barrel.....so could someone tell me what ring height I should use for my particular scope and rifle?

Thanks!!

Basic Member
    Well certainly someone here might have the exact combination you bought and be well informed on the hgt issue.
    Id personaly be trying a set of medium rings and so long as the scope bell cleared the barrel id be good with it.
    The burris would be a good choice due to the fact that different inserts are available with different degrees of taper.
    By using those you could get more elevation adjustment should you need it and also make windage adjustments
    with the mount should it be way off center when you mount and bore site the scope.

Basic Member
    Medium Burris Signature rings will work just fine if you remove the rear sight. This is a friends Hog Hunter that I scoped for him.