Thread: Bushnell FFP 6-24-50 tactical

Basic Member

Bushnell FFP 6-24-50 tactical

Just wanted to see if anyone else on here had this scope and if so could email me photos of the lit mil-dot reticle? I just purchased said scope to be installed on a coyote rifle after careful consideration to other optics I love bushnell glass and have plenty of their other scopes so this was what I thought was the correct fit. Upon receiving the scope it's built like a tank just as I suspected clicks were great glass bright sharp and clear...... Where it fell really short was in the lit reticle area... And by fell short I mean it's pretty much unuseable for night hunting. One of the main reasons I purchased this scope after careful consideration to other optics. My question again is does anyone have a photo of this mildot reticle in green that they could post up? On high and low settings in the dark? I sent the scope back thinking there had to be something wrong with it, Bushnells CS is stellar! But they have nothing to compare it too I told them it needs to be about 1/4 as bright as it is. I truly hate to have to go with another scope but this reticle is literally useless on 10 in the dark and halos at 1x edge to edge in the dark, I thought it was me so I compared it to a Millett, center point, and a PST ALL having much more useable reticles and Millett being owned by bushnell threw me for a loop. Any help would be appreciated hope I just got a bad one? Thanks in advance
    couple of savages

Good lord! Need to work on punctuation and run-on sentences..

If I followed, you are complaining that the reticle is to bright in solid darkness; is that correct?
    Or is the halo-ing what bothers you??
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Double....
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    Wow, the problem: reticle is too bright to use at night on any setting
    The question: do you own one I could see pictures of at night? Or with the objective bell scope cap closed?

Short of the long: reticle is super bright and useless at night. For a grand the reticle shouldn't halo anything much less look like a gen 3 night vision scope without the ability to see in darkness. I own a PST and a Millett, both scopes being way below the price point of the tactical bushnell scope, that have very useable reticles for night hunting and low light conditions "kind of the intended purpose of a lit reticle" correct me if I'm wrong?
    couple of savages

Basic Member
    Anybody besides the English teacher that apparently doesn't own this particular scope have one I these?
    couple of savages

Generally speaking, at night you'll only use the lowest settings on an illuminated reticle as anything higher will naturally be too bright. The higher settings are for use during daylight hours, and in my experience I've never had to use the highest 2-3 setting options even on the brightest, sunniest days. Haven't seen this specific scope in person, but I have had several illuminated scopes from various brands including Bushnell and they all work pretty much the same with similar brightness level settings for the illumination.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Scopes going back for refund, it's unuaseable on lowest setting. Thanks for all the input.
    couple of savages