Thread: Anybody used "wipe-out"

Anybody used "wipe-out"

I used it for the first time last week cleaning up my rifles from my prairie dog hunt. Ive messed with it a little bit this was the first time after any substantial (to me) round count. I didnt only use it, I added it to my cleaning regiman. It seemed to cut quite a bit of time off my cleaning. I sprayed it in the barrels and let it sit overnight. Came back the next day and did my normal cleaning routine, and didnt need nearly as much time to start getting clean patches.
    Just curious if anybody had used and wondered what kind of results you had with it.
    Scooter

Basic Member
    How many cleanings do you think you will get out of that one can? I was looking into trying it myself.

Team Savage
    Wipe-out is the best barrel cleaning solvent I have used in over 25 years. It removes fouling and copper with just a patch. They have the same formula in a liquid called "Patch-Out". It is easier to use, goes further, and just as effective. They also have a liquid accelerator for these products that cuts down on wait time. If you want proof, just clean your barrel with your current solvent. When you think it is clean, follow up with some Wipe-Out/Patch-Out.
    Last edited by jpdown; 07-27-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    How many cleanings do you think you will get out of that one can? I was looking into trying it myself.
    Above doesn't matter.

This is the only product I use. I haven't used a brush in 2 years. Follow the instructions and you shouldn't have any problems.

I do coat a bore mop and swab 3 times, let sit for 15 minutes, then flush with solvent. Double check to make sure everything is OK. I usually don't use over 5 patches during cleaning.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    I wanted to try it. I have looked at all LGSs, Cabela's, Etc. and I can't find it. Maybe it sells out so fast I am missing it. Do you have to order it online?

Team Savage
    I've always ordered online. I have never seen it on the shelf in a box store.

Basic Member
    Thanks JP. I'll stop looking at local stores and order online. OP - Scooter - thanks for sharing and starting this thread. I will jump on the wipe-out wagon train too.

I like it. I think it's as good as the hype... For once....
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    Wipe-out is the best barrel cleaning solvent I have used in over 25 years. It removes fouling and copper with just a patch. They have the same formula in a liquid called "Patch-Out". It is easier to use, goes further, and just as effective. They also have a liquid accelerator for these products that cuts down on wait time. If you want proof, just clean your barrel with your current solvent. When you think it is clean, follow up with some Wipe-Out/Patch-Out.
    +1. Great stuff. You can leave it in the barrel overnight without harm too. No obnoxious smell.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EFBell View Post
    I like it. I think it's as good as the hype... For once....
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I usually run two wet patches, one dry, the another wet one. Let it set for 30 minutes and dry patch it out.
    I have the accelerator, but never use it. I can see it's advantage if cleaning at the range though.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Basic Member
    Ok!! I am convinced, will be ordering some later this week and will give it a try.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Basic Member
    Oh, yeah. Apache Jim got me going on this a while back. It's amazing. I tried others in the past, not the same.

I like it so far, same here, Ive never seen it on the shelf anywhere. Ordered mine from midway. The leaving it overnight thing works really for me because I usually work alot of hours. I can spray it and come back the next day and run it out.

I really like Dennis' input of no brush in 2 yrs! Love it! Lol.
    Rosco....let us know what you think of it.
    Scooter

Basic Member
    Roger that...should have something to clean here in the next few weeks.

Sounds good.
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterf79 View Post
    I like it so far, same here, Ive never seen it on the shelf anywhere. Ordered mine from midway. The leaving it overnight thing works really for me because I usually work alot of hours. I can spray it and come back the next day and run it out.

I really like Dennis' input of no brush in 2 yrs! Love it! Lol.
    Rosco....let us know what you think of it.
    Scooter
    LOL, I am referring to a few factory Savage Barrels I have on practice rifles. I don't use a brush anymore. I have chamber plugs and fill them with Wipe-Out overnight. The next day I drain the barrel and flush it with spray break cleaner. Then I use patches to wipe out the excess. I don't have anything in the barrel left to clean out. So to chemical clean a Savage Factory Barrel and get the job done, I will take the product anytime. I make sure I have plenty on hand. I believe Don Geraci is the person who originally told me to use this product. I am glad he did.

Later, Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Another satisfied customer. I started using it on my mosins with that corrosive ammo and it was fantastic. Eventually started using it on all my guns. It is a awesome product.