Hello everybody.
I am an Italian import living in the Denver area and work at a local shooting range.

I have had a few Savages in the past and I have now acquired a 111 LRH in 300 WM, brand new.

Right out of the box the rubberized finish on the stock was peeling, like a bad case of sunburn.

I called customer service and they sent me a replacement stock.
A week later I pull the rifle out of the safe and sure enough the finish is starting to peel as well.

I should mention I have not yet fired a single round, since I am waiting for my backordered (! ) Vortex scope.

I have made a search on the Forum and I could only find older threads, so please indulge me and help me out:
Is there anybody that has not experienced this with their 111? It seems to be quite a common complaint. I do not want to keep shipping stocks back and forth to Savage if there is no hope...
Should that be the case, how do I strip the finish off completely and get it over with, or has anybody had any luck getting an "unfinished" replacement stock?
I will be getting on the phone with Savage tomorrow, again, and some insight would be helpful...
Thank you all.