Thread: So Relieved and Totally Stoked With My New Model 12 LRP 6.5

So Relieved and Totally Stoked With My New Model 12 LRP 6.5

After purchasing my Model 12 LRP in 6.5 I read a few postings about short chambers and problems with extraction, So naturally I was worried about it. Yesterday was the first time I shot it and It seems that I got lucky with this one. Not only does the rifle cycle and extract beautifully, I couldn't be happier with its shooting.

Out of the box the rifle was very dirty, probably the most filthy out of the box rifle I own. I cleaned it thoroughly, bore scoped, and headed out to the desert.

All shots below Hornady 120 A-Max @100 yds

Group one center target , shooting prone from a very unstable pile of packing blankets in my truck bed with 15-20mph winds. First shot is closest to the bulls eye... Totally luck as I was not ready for the LRP trigger to break so lightly. I also have a Sig SSG 3000, while I believe the SIG's trigger to be phenomenal, the LRP seems to be adjusted "lighter" out of the box.. The next four shot are to the right of the center bull. I started to get disappointed after the third shot. A brief check out reveled my front scope mount was only finger tight.

After tightening it up I tried again for the lower left target from my Caldwell DFT LedSled. Really happy with the second 5 shot group but about 3.5" right and about .5" low.

Last group, right on target.... Lower left target.

I cant believe I'm getting results like this with factory ammo with less than 20 bullets down the tube. It took a while for my SIG to settle in.

Totally Stoked and Just had to share....

K

Questions, Comments, and just plain Wise Crack remarks are all welcomed.

Basic Member
    you definitely have a good one there! good shooting. if you try out the 140's post some more pics.

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!