Has anyone done a comparison between these two bullet in their Savage? I've been using the Sierras, at least that is what Buffalo Bore stuffs in their match ammo. I have been trying to match the velocities(I chrony'd them at almost 3100 fps), but to no avail, at least not with the powders I have(varget and 4064). I got sub 1/2 MOA groups out of my factory FCP-k with that stuff and I am trying to duplicate it. I haven't even reached book max on the powder loads and am already crunching the varget and getting cratered primers, stretched brass, bigger groups, and no more than 2750fps.
I know that velocity is not the end all, be all to accuracy, but it means a great deal when you are trying to reach out to 600 yards in a target competition in high winds! So with that in mind, it seems that the BC from the sierra to the berger is a pretty big jump for just one more grain of weight. I am wondering if I can sacrifice a little velocity for the higher BC, while still maintaining accuracy at those distances.
So, what are your thoughts on the comparo?