Thread: Scope Adjustment

tenwalker

Scope Adjustment

Went out to sight in my new 22 magnum today. It shot far to the left and by the time I got it close (still 2 1/2" to the left) I ran out of adjustment on the scope (new Nikon Buckmaster). The gun is a Marlin 983s with Weaver bases (gun is drilled and tapped) with Burris Signature Zee rings. Any suggestions? I ran the turret adjustment back all the way to the left and started over with 25 clicks back to the right and then try another shot. The point of impact changed after each adjustment, of 25 clicks. But when it returned to the original 2 1/2 " to the left I ran out of adjustment again. Any Idea? ???

Dirk

Re: Scope Adjustment

You need to use the offset Burris inserts to compensate for your off center drilled and tapped holes in your rifle.

Uncle Jack

You might also consider looking for a Redfield/Leupold style one piece mount that has full windage adjustment.

uj

tenwalker

Dirk
    Thanks for the idea on the offsets. I just got off line from ordering them, less than $7 a set. All the reviews on them were very positive. ;D

helotaxi

Check all your mounting gear. The only time I've had a scope that far off was when something was either drilled/mounted crooked or bent. The offset inserts are great and they will correct you back to center, but they are only a bandaid for something else that isn't right in your case.

Dirk

When the holes in the rifle are drilled off center (very common now adays) these Burris offset inserts are the only economical fix.