Thread: I need a single shot adapter for a 93R17

Basic Member

I need a single shot adapter for a 93R17

Anybody have a source for a single shot adapter for this rifle. Anybody built one? I hate loading the magazine, but, can't seem to smoothly work around it. thanks in advance... rch

I'm no expert but I've never heard of a single shot adapter for the M93R17? It would be nice if one could be produced for bench rest shooting.

Bang
    I don't think it's possible. Watching the mechanism in action, the cartridge is stripped from the magazine and captured against the face of the bolt, held by the rim, and aligned with the chamber in a manner known as controlled feed. The follower is then depressed downward as the bolt is pushed into battery.

This gets me to wondering. If instead of just the follower, the bolt pushes the next round downward by direct contact with the round. That could upset the lead in the bullet. Hmmmm... gotta look into this a little deeper...

Yep! There is definitely a longitudinal depressed or scraped marks along the bearing surfaces of the bullet. Bolt-action .22 rifles have probably been living with this condition forever. But next time I go to the range, just for kicks I'm gonna try a few groups with a single round in the magazine times five.
    Last edited by Bang; 08-13-2015 at 11:27 PM.

A single shot follower would have to replace the magazine to work properly. A lot of work to produce one.

Basic Member
    I have a Lowey single shot adapter for my FV-SR, new in the package, that I'll throw into my 93R17 this evening...if I can remember!

Bang
    So I am wrong, and very glad of it! Didn't know about the Lowey adapters. Thanx!

Basic Member
    Clear lapse in judgement on my part as the Lowey I have is for a .22 magazine. Check www.loweyproducts.com for options.

Basic Member
    You can single feed without the mag but it takes some getting used too. easier with a .17 than a .22.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
    Clear lapse in judgement on my part as the Lowey I have is for a .22 magazine. Check www.loweyproducts.com for options.
    Looks like they only produce them for .22 LR.

Basic Member
    Just to close the loop, I found a resource for my 93R17. On the Rimfire Central forum, there is a member who manufactures and sells a single shot adapter that pops into the magazine like a bullet and provides a nicely working platform. It is a good functioning INEXPENSIVE solution. I believe the same adapter will work with 22LR and maybe 22WMR. Go to Rimfire Central and contact rinardman (search). I am shooting his adapter constantly. It can also be popped out and you have your fully functioning magazine back. thanks rch