Thread: 110 Savage blueprints?

Tjscharp

110 Savage blueprints?

I am looking for for access to some savage 110 blueprints. I am starting on a project to design and hopefully make my own aluminum chassis style stock. I'd rather not have to pull out the calipers and micrometers if at all possible.

Team Savage
    Sounds like an interesting project. I have thought of making a piece of aluminum channel that the action would lay in and would snug up against the recoil lug. Attach to the stock firmly, with screws and epoxy. Would negate the magazine, but I shoot mostly single shot anyway. The savage action is the same diameter at each end, isn't it? Just machine the correct radius and either elongate the holes or make the length very accurate so the bedding block fits tight against the recoil lug.

Another thought is to build a barrel block that attaches to the stock and free floats the barrel and action. Would require careful machining to match the barrel to the block. There is a guy in Canada who has done this for a F-class rifle. Search for 260 Mystic.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Bill

Basic Member
    ^ Whidden "V" Block ? ... whiddengunworks.com ^

Barrel blocks are somewhat common in competition shooting, have been around quite a while. :-)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post

Another thought is to build a barrel block that attaches to the stock and free floats the barrel and action. Would require careful machining to match the barrel to the block. There is a guy in Canada who has done this for a F-class rifle. Search for 260 Mystic.

Bill
    Ya mean like this.....

That was my first 1K gun, circa '84-'85.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    What scope were you using? Little before my time.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Heavyweight
    That Sir is a genuine Unertl. Best scopes ever made IMHO. See how the elevation control is mechanical and outside of the scope body? Allows almost unlimited elevation control. Best long range rigs ever!

Heavyweight

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    That Sir is a genuine Unertl.

Heavyweight

Yep, a 24x 2" target. I don't have the rifle or scope any longer. I sold the package( Rifle,scope, dies, brass, etc) to a friend when I gave up LR.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Team Savage
    BillPa,

How did it shoot? How much extra weight did it add?

Bill

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post
    BillPa,

How did it shoot? How much extra weight did it add?

Bill
    It shot pretty good, can't say the same for the driver though! I can't say what that block rectangular one weighed, but second 3" round one I made was something like 8-9 pounds. I never ago around using that one.

Blocked guns were kind of a flash in the pan. They really didn't do any better accuracy wise than a bedded stock or a glue in.

Bill