Thread: MDT LSS worth it?

bigcheese920

MDT LSS worth it?

So I've been looking at getting a chassis for my 10T but I've been hesitant because the accuracy is awesome but I want something that is more adjustable stock wise. Weight is a concern for me as well because I do lug this around for coyote hunting so carrying a 18 pound gun is a no go. Right now with gun scope rings and sling is 10 pound 6 ounces. So I would like to keep it close to that.

For those guys that have one is there an improvement in accuracy over the accustock?

Also does anybody hunt with there's and how is it in the field?

If there's any stocks that would be better what would you suggest?
    Thanks

bigcheese920
    Nobody has one of these?

Basic Member
    BigCheese, I too have been eyeing a chassis for my next build. I do like the MDT products, but the LSS just looks so short through the forend. I see they now have the XL with the extended forend, but I think I have my mind made up (for the moment) on the HS3. But for a lightweight on the go chassis, the LSS would be easy to pack.

baxsom
    I have been trying to decide on a chassis as well and the lss almost got my vote but i decided on the XLR elenent instead. It comes with a stock already. The lss looks great if you want a collapsible stock but I'm looking more for a fixed stock chassis and the lss requires an adapter for that. I read on m4 carbine.net that their fixed stock version has a crazy length of pull as well

Basic Member
    The LOP is indeed large on the LSS when you used a fixed stock. That is why the LSS-XL which was designed for fixed stocks has a shorter LOP, and you do not require an adapter.
    With our Skeleton Rifle Stock the LOP would end up being 12.9", adjustable to 13.9". If you need more, the Magpul PRS is another full inch longer.

baxsom
    Quote Originally Posted by MDTcorp View Post
    The LOP is indeed large on the LSS when you used a fixed stock. That is why the LSS-XL which was designed for fixed stocks has a shorter LOP, and you do not require an adapter.
    With our Skeleton Rifle Stock the LOP would end up being 12.9", adjustable to 13.9". If you need more, the Magpul PRS is another full inch longer.
    But your webpage says that you do not recommend your stock with the LSS XL chassis

Basic Member
    Skeleton Rifle Stock Version 3 is in production and will be ready in about 2 weeks (End of July 2015), which has this issue resolved.