Thread: McGowen 6.5-06 barrel

Basic Member

McGowen 6.5-06 barrel

Hi all. I've got to share this. I ordered a barrel from McGowen about 2 weeks ago. after taking all my info they told me it would take 12-14 months. It came today 7/1/15. Now that is customer service. I don't even have my dies yet. These guys know how to run a business. I'll let you know how it shoots. Be safe.

Basic Member
    tell us about the contour, fluting and any extras you had added. if they stated nearly a year i would think you ordered some full custom barrel. i have a McGowen in 6.5cm and it's a shooter, love it for the accuracy.

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Basic Member
    Duh, they said weeks not years. SORRY. 26 in, varmint contour, 6 15 inch flutes, 12 degree crown.

Count yourself as lucky. Last barrel I ordered from them was a semi custom 4-6 weeks estimate and I waited close to six months before I seen it. Great barrel and it shoots great too but I hated waiting that long for something that was quoted to be much quicker. Still much better than my last wait from shillen.

Basic Member
    I made it to the range today. With some left over ammo that measured .40 off the lands it shot .6 s. Looks good so far. More to come.

Basic Member
    glad to hear that, can only get better as it breaks in.

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodstone View Post
    Hi all. I've got to share this. I ordered a barrel from McGowen about 2 weeks ago. after taking all my info they told me it would take 12-14 months. It came today 7/1/15. Now that is customer service. I don't even have my dies yet. These guys know how to run a business. I'll let you know how it shoots. Be safe.
    Actually, the estimated turnaround is quoted as 12-14 weeks, not months. But glad that it made it to you quicker than you had expected. Let us know how she shoots.
    Dan