Hey all,
new member, also my first savage rifle. Hoping for some insight.

have owned this for about 9 months now. Just recently working up some good loads that I'm happy with but...here's my issue.
About 1 in 5 rounds doesn't seem to want to push fully into the chamber. As I push the bolt forward it goes about 85-90% home and then hangs. I can back off slightly, or jiggle the bolt a little as I let back on the forward pressure, and it goes on in. Not every round but more often than I am comfortable with. New ammo, reloads, doesn't matter. Same result.

Was hoping it might be something that would work its way out but I now have about 200 rounds thru it and it's no better, no worse.
I can petition savage to look at it as a "warranty" issue as it is still less than 1 year since purchase but that means removing scope, paying shipping, waiting etc. and hoping they actually solve the issue, Or paying a local smith to take a look.

Anyone have a similar experience? One of my concerns is that don't want to send it in just to have them throw an oversized reamer in it to quick fix it ultimately sacrificing accuracy etc. Always a little concerned with if they let it go out the door that way, why would they concern themselves with being diligent in the repair.
Maybe I'm Paranoid.
Thoughts?