Well I took my Brand new 12 LRPV in 6BR to the range today and shot 6 loads to test development. only one of these had any sign of grouping, in fact two groups of 2 each. All of the rest of other five well more than 1" in a three shot group at 100 yds. I'm shooting 105 AMAX's and using both Varget and H4895 with having each powder with seatings from being jammed .01 to off the lans .01 and right at the lans. The best load was with 30.3 Varget at the lans (two groups touching of two each). 29 gr varget and 29 gr H4895 were similar in size. No signs of any pressure, primers are still nicely rounded. Any ideas as to where to try something before I call Savage. I was hoping for something quite a bit better. I haven't done anything to the rifle such as torquing the action, trigger, etc. I did my normal break-in with cleanings between each shot for the first five then after each three shots.

On the other hand my second LRPV 22-250 seems to like both the 75 and 80 Gr. AMAX's with groups in the .3's and .4's. If this new one would shoot that well I'd be satisfied.