Thread: Savage 110-H E

Rossjones121

Savage 110-H E

Trying to find what year my rifle was made, Savage said they don't have records back that far for that rifle.

308 caliber
    SN 127791

If Savage can't tell you, it's probably pre bankruptcy.
    And you really shouldn't post your serial number online.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Rossjones121
    I'm not concerned about the serial number because I purchased it legally but thank you anyways I appreciate the concern . It has a flat piece on the rear Mount and then the front is round .

Basic Member
    I think I remember calling savage awhile back and they actually had a message about a gentleman you could contact who dealt with early model savages.
    Try calling their support line again and listening to the different options I think it's in there.

Rossjones121
    Thank you Roscoe I tried calling but their company is shut down from June 29 until July 10 so I have to get my answer then.

That SN would put it somewhere in the 67-68 range, and based on a few other numbers I have that were dated I'm going to lean towards early to mid 1968. Also, not sure where you're getting the H in the model number as Savage has never used it on any 110 model designations back in the 60's.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Rossjones121

Thanks

Sorry it's a 110 E- H on the barrel. I don't know how to send a picture on here or in would show you. Anyway I appreciate your input, that helps. I was able to find a one piece base with rings that will fit it, from Midway USA.
    It has a flat rear base and round front base. I'm good now. Got the new barrel from Shilen and it shoots like a dream!

That makes a little more sense. 110E Series-H - the series was just how the factory kept track of minor parts changes over the years.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.